Ch. 1 - Just a Silly Old Clown

Foxy confidently walks into the school as his shoes squeak against the vinyl flooring, announcing his arrival. His peers all turn their heads, shocked by the new student. He flips his pink hair like a stereotypical popular kid. Foxy flashes a charming smile at the other students.

After his sudden confidence, he bursts into his first period, English. Suddenly, there's a voice talking to him, one he's sure he's never heard before. "Welcome to class, son."

Foxy is confused. He moves his head around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Then, there's a figure standing in front of him. Foxy looks up slowly, and in front of him is...

Papa Emeritus IV from Ghost?!? Foxy's eyes widen, his mouth agape. "Holy- Papa Emeritus IV?!? What are you doing in my English class?!" Papa shakes his head, brushing off the question.

"Never mind that it's not important right now. I came here to tell you..." He pauses, leaving an awkward silence that lasts way too long. Foxy averts his gaze, chuckling awkwardly.

"...um... are you gonna-" Foxy speaks before being rudely interrupted by Papa IV.

"I'M YOUR FATHER!" The sudden shouting makes Foxy jump back. He stares for a moment, processing what he just heard. He blinks a couple of times before his eyes widen even more.

"You?! My- my idol is my father?! That's insane!" Foxy laughs in disbelief. He gasps like he's realized something. "Wait. Does that mean I'm gonna be the next leader?" Papa IV nods.

"Yes. That is why I'm here. I'm afraid I'm going to die soon. I need you to take over for me. It's your responsibility to lead Ghost and attend the rituals." Foxy covers his mouth, shocked.

"Oh my god. I- I can't believe it! I get to lead Ghost!" Foxy exclaims excitedly. He laughs and rubs his eyes slightly, stopping himself from crying tears of joy. But, once he opens his eyes, he's not in the classroom anymore. Foxy looks around, trying to gather his surroundings. Then, he realizes.

"I'm backstage! I'm at my first ritual!" Foxy walks on stage after a moment. He's in what looks to be a giant concert hall filled with people. The crowd cheers as Foxy walks on stage, some shouting out his new alias, Papa Emeritus V.

The other members walk on stage after him, making the audience cheer louder. Suddenly, the ghouls start playing the intro to 'I'm a Marionette'. Foxy walks up to the microphone. He begins to sing. "You're so free."

Before he can continue, a recognizable voice shouts from the crowd. "Foxy!" He freezes. The ghouls continue playing as he stands there, staring into the audience. They're continuing the song, like Foxy is still singing. The voice shouts again. "Foxy, come on!"

All that's going through his mind is 'Who knows my real name?' The mysterious person shouts one more time before...

———

Foxy wakes up, groaning. He opens his eyes slowly and rubs them. "What do you want? I was having a good dream..." He mumbles rudely before realizing who he's talking to. He stares at his mother in front of him and awkwardly chuckles. "Haha, sorry..."

Foxy's mom rolls her eyes before shouting. "You're gonna be late!" He looks confused for a moment before his eyes slightly widen in realization. He stands up quickly and immediately gets lightheaded. Foxy groans and holds his head in his hands before speaking.

"Right, school..." He looks up and watches his mom leave the room, closing the door behind her. He quickly changes into black jeans and a white shirt. Foxy puts on his red jacket before leaving his room and heading to the bathroom. There, he brushes his teeth and fixes his hair a bit. Afterward, he goes downstairs and puts his shoes on at the door. Before leaving, he shouts to his mother. "I'm leaving, mom!"

Foxy soon enters the school, nothing like in his dream. His eyes burn slightly from being tired. Not only that, but the air feels oddly humid. He sighs and puts his headphones on, grabbing his phone to play something. He's looking down at Spotify, not watching where he's walking.

Out of nowhere, he collides with something in front of him, sending him forward and onto the ground. Foxy groans and just lays there.

Then the floor starts talking. "Ah, I'm sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going." Foxy realizes it isn't the ground he's lying on. He lifts his head quickly, surprised by the voice. He sees a guy his age. They have dark brown hair with bits of white stripes in it. Their eyes are wide open and a very dark black.

Foxy realizes he's just staring and not doing anything, so he quickly gets up and brushes his pants off. He shakes his head before apologizing. "No, no, it's fine. I should've been looking." He offers a hand out for the mysterious person to help him up. Foxy pulls the other off the ground once they grab the hand.

"My name's Puppet, by the way." Puppet speaks, smiling at Foxy while taking his hand back. He covers his hands with the sleeves of his sweater and fidgets.

"It's Foxy." Foxy puts his hands in the pockets of his jacket. "What class do you have first?" He pulls out his schedule to compare it to Puppet's. Puppet scrambles to take out his. Foxy glances at the other's schedule, checking to see what classes they have together before smiling. "Oh, wow. We have, like, five classes together."

Puppet quickly looks over Foxy's schedule before smiling widely. He looks back up at him, going to speak until the bell cuts him off. He looks slightly disappointed before he speaks. "Oh. I guess we better go to class. Wanna walk together?" Foxy smiles and nods.

"Yeah. Of course." He starts walking, making a motion for Puppet to follow. It's a pretty quick walk before they reach it, their first class being art. Their teacher tells them to sit wherever for now. "Lets sit next to each other." Puppet suggests. The pink-haired boy nods and goes to the back of the class to find a seat. Once they sit down, it takes about a minute for the bell to ring.

———

Classes are short, the first half of the day goes by quickly. Before they know it, it's lunch. Puppet leads Foxy to his friends and there's somehow already shouting.

A very short, blue haired boy with a high pitched voice shouts. "Freddy! Don't you eat anything other than chicken?!"

Another person replies, presumably Freddy. "I mean, yeah!" The short kid rolls his eyes before questioning him.

"And what is it?"

"Pizza!" Freddy seems happy with his answer before the blue haired boy questions further.

"What toppings?" Freddy looks defeated.

"Chicken..." The short kid groans. Foxy just stands there, lost. He turns to look at Puppet who's just laughing to himself quietly. Foxy raises an eyebrow at him, obviously confused. He realizes he hasn't introduced anyone yet, so he interrupts the conversation.

"Enough about Freddy's weird food choice, there's a new person!" Puppet waves his hands in front of Freddy and the blue haired kid. "Everyone, this is Foxy! Foxy, this is Freddy," he points at the chicken guy "Bon Bon," he gestures to the short kid "Baby," Puppet points to a girl with red pigtails "Ballora," he gestures to a girl with blue hair "aaand Springtrap!" He points to a guy with greenish hair. Puppet puts his arm down, sighing.

"Wow. I'm not remembering any of that. Thanks, though." Foxy looks at everyone before turning to Puppet again, who's smiling at him and nodding.

"Oh yeah, Friday we're having a big sleepover at Freddy's! You should come, it'll be fun." Puppet suggests, Freddy smiling happily and nodding. Foxy nods as well.

"Yeah, I'll go. My mom won't mind." He shrugs. "Oh, I should get all of your numbers." He pulls out his phone, handing it to Puppet first. It takes a bit to get everyone's number, so they all eat while they're doing that. Foxy takes his phone back and finishes his food as everyone talks.
The bell rings and they part ways, going to their own classes.

———

Foxy walks home alone, as per usual. Nothing's changed at home. He's immediately greeted by Pancake. Foxy feeds the dog, walks to his room, then lies on his bed. The usual routine.