Hopeless thoughts

Where did you go? I think to myself as I stare at the "delivered" text on our chat. I wonder...are you truly that busy? So busy you cant manage a check in. Or perhaps its not that you are busy, but that you have better things to do. Other things you are invested in; Interested in.
     If only I could read your mind. To pick through your thoughts during our last meeting. To understand what your goal in this is. What even is there to gain? Meeting a local when you are just a college student who only chose this state because of the school? If you do not wish to be in love why choose the one who craves it?

     Perhaps a case of cold feet? or was he ghosting me? who's to say? its hard not to wonder with those pessimistic thoughts swimming in your head. All the insecurities come in a rush. The thoughts of all the people you have lost for simply being yourself, the lost loved ones, the pain. All come flooding back to me.

     My cat scratching at the door stirs my train of thought. what a relief. She would never abandon me, thank the heavens I have angel. She curls up by my pillow, with a loud purr we both drift off to sleep.

Until we meet again
-the anxious lover.