19. not you again

˚ · • . ° .

𝗪𝗘 𝗣𝗨𝗧 𝗢𝗡 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗩𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗦, grab our laser guns and head into the led-lit arena.

the boys go to their home base and us girls go to ours. our home base is a weird house-like construction with walls, a ceiling and holes in the walls to act as windows, but with no glass on them.

the rest of the arena is all walls, so much so that it looks like a labrinth.

we agree on a strategy, which will be that two out of four of us go into enemy territory and try to take them out on their own turf, and the other two stay guarding the home base and it's surroundings.

alahna and i decide to take action and be the first team, and madi and ari decide to stay and stand guard.

me and alahna say a quiet goodbye to our two teammates who are staying, and we head to the boy's home base.

we walk quietly side by side, pointing at where we want to go.

i decide we should split up and cover more ground, maybe try to kill more people, even though they can recharge by going to their home base and pressing a button there.

i tell alahna my plan and she agrees, so she heads to the left and i go over to the right.

at one of the turns of the labrinth, i run into matt.

he puts his plastic gun in front of him, ready to fire, and i do the same.

we stay there for a few seconds, looking at each other in silence, both wondering who is going to shoot the other first.

when about ten seconds pass and no one's done anything, i decide to speak. "if you let me go i'll buy you lunch tomorrow." i suggest.

i really don't feel like taking the person i hate the most to lunch, but i don't feel like being killed and having to go to my home base to recharge, either.

i think about shooting him and running away, but he'll definately shoot me back, and then we both lose.

"i get to choose?" he asks.

the way to matt is through his stomach, he loves fancy food.

"sure, whatever." i sigh. "but you have to buy me something." i say.

"in exchange for a five star lunch? deal." he laughs, as if my demands are worse than his.

"i'll have you get me a designer bag or something." i gasp because i just had the best idea. "we'll go to cartier! i've been meaning to get a new necklace." i say, happy with our deal.

"well as long as i get to choose what necklace i buy for you." he says.

"never-" i start, but i'm cut off by the loud noise that indicates someone has been killed.

i see the lights on matt's vest turn from green to red, seeing as he's been shot by alahna, who comes up behind me and high-fives me.

i laugh, pointing at the boy. "period, alahna!"

"i hate you both." matt smiles fakely and walks away to his home base to recharge.

alahna and i take one look at each other and burst out laughing before realizing that nick, chris or nathan could hear us and come kill us.

this time, we decide to stick together, so that we can save each other's asses if we need to.

˚ · • . ° .

i'm heading back to our team's home base after getting killed by nick, when a buzzer starts to sound.

i look up to where the speakers are and the buzzing stops. instead, there's an automated voice that speaks. "you have reached the end of your turn, please head back to the entrance when the doors open. you can check your score on the screens when you come out." the voice explains.

i start walking towards the doors and i bump into matthew again.

"not you again." i complain.

"i can see you're feeling grouchy. is it because you know we won?" he asks, smiling.

"i'm like ninety percent sure we won, dumbass." i say. "i'm grouchy because you're here." i give him a fake smile.

matt opens his mouth to say something and then closes it again, making me raise my brows in an unspoken question.

"i was gonna ask if we're still on." he says.

"well alahna killed you so..." i trail off and give him a shrug.

he nods. "well, yeah, but we didn't kill each other, so technically, the bet still stands." matt explains.

"you really want to buy me expensive jewelry that much?" i ask, weirded out by the thought of him wanting to spend time with me.

"no. i want you to buy me lunch that much." he says.

"you're so weird, matthew." i snort.

"are we still on or what?" he asks.

"fine. but only because we made a bet and i never ever back out of a bet." i tell him.

"okay." he shrugs.

˚ · • . ° .

we walk out and reunite with everyone, and as we take off the vests and leave the plastic guns down, the woman from earlier tells us that the scores are ready.

we go check the tv's in the other room and we see that our team has more kills.

us girls shriek and start hugging each other, happy by our victory, as the boys sulk around, but still give us and each other high fives to say 'good game'.

we won by four kills. we had 21 and the boys had 17.

i stick out my tongue at them in victory and they all smile in defeat as nick sticks his own tongue at me.

after a while of celebrating, involving a dr. pepper spill and a pepsi spill (the first one an accident, the second one dome very muxh on purpouse), we get in the two cars and head back to nathan's house for the party.

of course, the triplets don't know it's a party, they'll find out when we get there.

sab and nessa texted me saying they're already there, as did malina, who's very excited to meet everyone and surprise nick, seeing as he's a huge fan of her.

i text them saying we're on the way and start to drive.

˚ · • . ° .

this feels like a long ass chapter but it's the same words as usual like huh 😭

anyways we're getting some matt - bells interaction YAAAAY

i felt very author-y in this chapter lol

OK BYEEEE MY LOVES ⭐️