12.ㅤDelirious Decamping (2)

RUN

RUN.

That's the only thing in Hyunjoo's head as the rest of the Firar members are up for her tail.

Eyes wide, her lungs extend as her feet drag her at a fast speed towards a random building, taking a haste turn in hopes of not being seen by whoever followed her shortly after she absconded from the hideout. Without any hesitation, she went inside the building.

She runs and runs without a stop. She turns left, right, right again. She goes up... inside, and outside. Son Hyunjoo is doing everything to make sure she cannot be traced.

It was nearly impossible to go at a fast speed in complete silence, yet Hyunjoo did just that. Her mouth is widely gaped. She breathed from it, careful not to inhale or exhale too much to make a sound. Her eyes travelled everywhere, and her body moved faster than her mind could ever register what she was about to do.

"Fuck..." She silently cursed, feeling the burn in her lungs and muscles, yet she can't afford to stop now. Not when the whole coup tries to kill her. She was so ready to escape later at night, but it seems like fate had other plans for her; Now, she's trying to escape from her own rebellion group.

However, her great calvary is yet to end.

RIIIIIIIINNGGG!

RIIINNGGG!!

RRRRIIIIINGGGGG!!!

The alarm blares again, an indication that the BYSSALS had already found suspicious movements. They are on their way to solve it... Or perhaps kill it.

All Hyunjoo could see were red lights, spinning again and again, dizzying her head into a delirious mess. Now, not only were her old confidants chasing her, but also- most likely- the BYSSALS.

She needs to hide, but where?

The colour of the freshly waxed floor has been tainted with thick crimson liquid

"Enmascare, how is it there?" The voice from the veiled man's pager comes echoing at the dark hallway, where blood pools everywhere- so did bodies.