twenty-three.

(⁠っ⁠˘⁠з⁠(⁠˘⁠⌣⁠˘⁠ ⁠)

warning: mention of blood.

a few days later, chan and hyunjin already have to go home because it has been a week already since they arrived at the province. hyunjin and felix already knew about minho and jisung the moment jisung came home because apparently, like always, felix came asking for a gossip about him and minho so they involved hyunjin in spilling the tea too.

and now, a new day has arrived and the weather is good. all is well including the two male who are walking down the street, holding some instant foods in their hands, while the others are holding each other.

they are on the way to the riverside to eat there, to talk about each other and other stuff.

these past few days, they focused on getting to know each other more, unveiling secrets that even no one knows, exposing their childhood life to each other and even introducing their family members to each other. they just couldn't run out of things to discuss especially when they are boyfriends now.

minho was especially very happy since the day jisung became his, he realized that he had never been so happy that long before. he felt safe around jisung, and he trusts the younger more than before.

it has only been a few weeks since they met and they couldn't get enough of each other, especially now that there is something special going on with them.

they arrived at the forest and continued walking to the bench down the side of the river.

"minho hyung."

"hmm?"

"i keep having these weird feelings lately."

they arrived at the bench as they sat down and put their food aside.

"weird feelings? what weird feelings?"

"it all started months ago before you arrived here. i often lost my appetite and i always cough it never goes away ever since." minho frowned and slid closer to him as he caress the younger's hair.

"tell me more."

"and lately, i often have short breaths and i've been coughing up blood especially at night. and in the morning, my chest hurts like hell." minho had an idea what it is that the younger is feeling, but he needs confirmation about it first.

"let's take you in the hospital tomorrow for a checkup. for now, let's eat our food first." minho opened a pack of bread and gave it to jisung.

"thanks, hyung." jisung leaned in the older's shoulder.

the younger sighed heavily.

"i'm tired, hyung." he said.

"sleep in my lap then. you should rest a little before we go home." jisung coughed and laid his head on minho's lap.

"you're so pretty." jisung smiled.

"you're prettier." the latter responded, fixing jisung's hair while caressing his cheeks.

jisung closed his eyes. "i love you, minho hyung."

"i love you too."

the latter looked around the river while fighting the urge not to let his tears fall. he knows it. he just doesn't trust himself, after reading so many books he happened to read some clinical books and those symptoms are so similar to the sickness that he read on one of the books.

he hates it when jisung talks that way. he never does. he never gets tired and he always has energy for everything. but the day is only starting and jisung can barely talk to the older.

he sure hopes what he's thinking is wrong.

he let jisung sleep in his lap for how many hours until it's already late afternoon.

minho is holding a plastic full of their leftovers because jisung didn't eat at all and just slept like a tired child.

he's carrying jisung in his back as he's still sleeping but they need to go home now because it's nearly evening.

"hyung."

"hmm?"

"are we going home now?"

"yes."

"let me sleep beside you."

"you can, and you will. just take a rest and i'll handle you well." minho smiled even though the younger couldn't see it because he was closing his eyes when he spoke up.

they arrived at minho's house and the elders who are about to eat saw the two. minho saw them too as they somehow communicated telepathically because they didn't want the younger to wake up.

"he's sleeping. i'll take him to my room." minho mouted. the two nodded quickly and they let the latter do his business.

they both looked at each other and smiled.

"you won't be having great grandchildren honey." mr. lee laughed.

"it's okay, as long as he's happy with someone." mrs. lee looked in the direction minho was headed and she smiled brightly.

"and he looked so happy right now."