22. the big 20

˚ · • . ° .

𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠 and once we do, we get a few weird looks from people.

i see matt has caught them staring, too. "are they looking at us weird because they think we were in there... you know?" he trails off, laughing.

i chuckle. "i think so."

"that's insane." he furrows his brows, smiling.

he guides me through nathan's house, laying a firm hand on my shoulder so that i don't lose my balance and faint.

on the way out, we stop by the kitchen and he gets me some sour patch kids from the candy cabinet.

i smile when he hands them to me. "thanks."

he nods. "of course. let's go." he suggests.

i nod and follow him through the crowded house, full of partygoers and party crashers, who are dancing and drinking and having the time of their lives.

i smile when i see sab and nessa dancing with nick, laughing at his moves.

matt and i finally reach the front door and we go outside.

i stop suddenly, causing matt to turn around and look at me, concern covering his features.

"you don't have your car here." i realise.

"yeah, you drove me." he says, like it's the simplets thing ever.

"so how are we going to get to my house?" i ask, confused.

he laughs as if it were obvious. "i'm gonna drive your car." he shrugs.

i shake my head. "no. no. never. no." i say repeatedly.

"what do you want to do? walk?" he asks sarcastically.

"no, but you're going to crash my car." i say.

he laughs at my statement. "oh, come on. you know i can drive."

"yeah, but you're gonna crash my car." i repeat.

he chuckles. "i promise i'm not going to."

"pinky promise?" i ask. pinky promises are the most sacred promises you can make. if you ever break a pinky promise you're done. or at least with me.

"fine. pinky promise." he holds out his pinky and interlocks it with mine, sealing the promise.

i sigh, relieved. "alright then if you pinky promised, i'll let you drive."

he smiles. "nice."

i thow him the keys and walk over to the passenger side, i open the door and sit down. it's so weird to be in this position since i'm always driving, but i guess it's less work.

i watch as matt gets in and starts the car, taking it out of the parking spot it was in.

"i get the aux." i tell him, no trace of a question in my sentence.

"you better play something good." he answers.

i put on chase atlantic.

"of course you put on chase atlantic." he laughs.

"of course i did." i laugh with him. "but don't tell me their songs aren't fire."

"their songs actually are fire." he nods, smiling.

i gasp. "YOU THINK SO?"

"yeah." matt chuckles.

"we have so much to go over now that i know this about you, matthew." i tell the boy.