twenty-four.

(⁠・ั⁠ω⁠・ั⁠)

warning: mention of blood.

it was already midnight, but minho is still awake, looking over a heavy sleeper figure beside him who's snoring softly.

he researched the symptoms jisung told he's having lately, and turns out that his guess is correct.

he still couldn't believe it, he just got him, and destiny is already giving them a hard bump in the road.

jisung suddenly coughed. the younger sat on the bed as minho also did and offered him a bottle of water. the latter immediately grabbed it from minho and he drank the water.

the coughing stopped but he tasted something in his tounge and he spat it in the handkerchief that he's holding.

blood.

jisung looked down and a tear escaped from his eyes.

minho saw it all. so he's been enduring that for a long time and no one even knows.

he hugged the younger and rubbed his back.

"we should go to the hospital now." minho said but he felt the younger's head shook in disagreement.

"i'm tired." jisung sniffled. he hugged the latter back and leaned his head against minho's shoulder.

the older let go of him and cupped his cheeks. "please, before it gets worse." minho ran his hands through jisung's hair and saw that the younger was crying.

again, jisung disagreed.

"please let me stay here with you." he laid down on the bed and patted the space beside him, signaling minho to lay down beside him.

the older obliged and jisung snuggled close to him. the older was almost going to cry but he managed to stop it, he couldn't be the one to be the weak, not now that his source of strength is weak.

he hugged the younger tight.

"everything is going to be fine." he whispered.

the night has passed and a new day arrived. it was nine in the evening when jisung and minho went to the younger's house for jisung to get ready before going to the hospital.

the older is waiting patiently downstairs in the living room and he heard jeongin went out of his room.

"hi hyung, good morning." the younger greeted.

"good morning, jeongin." the latter greeted back.

"what are you doing here so early in the morning?" he asked.

"oh, i'm just waiting for jisung. he's getting ready in his room."

"are you going to hang out?"

minho hesitated if he's going to tell the younger the truth behind his early visit and the latter getting ready upstairs but he must not interfere and let jisung tell the latter.

"yeah. we're going to the city, we'll hang around there." he lied. although they're really going to the city but it isn't for a hangout, but for a checkup.

"oh well, have fun!" jeongin smiled as minho smiled back.

"we will." he said. jeongin went to the comfort room after that and minho was left alone again.

jisung is about to get out of his room after getting ready but his chest suddenly ached. he moaned and held his chest. he find support on his night table to prevent himself from falling and he sat at his bed.

he let the chest pain fade as he breathes steadily.

once the pain was gone, he got out of his room and directly went to the kitchen to drink some water.

"fuck." he muttered under his breath.

"are you okay?" minho approached him.

"yeah. my chest ached. i just need to let it fade." he said and sighed.

"are you ready to go?" jisung nodded and they both walked away from jisung's house.

little did they know, jeongin heard their conversation in the kitchen after he washed his face in the comfort room.

he wondered why the latter's chest ached.

there was a knock heard across felix's house and the latter immediately opened the door.

it was jeongin.

the younger saw the boxes full of stuff laying everywhere in felix's living room because he'll move out to his new home after a day or two.

jeongin smiled. "hyung, can i talk to you for a second, please?" felix smiled and nodded.

"sure. but we should talk outside. my house is too messy and there's nothing to sit in here anyway." felix explained.

"oh okay. i'll wait for you here for you to prepare yourself." the younger smiled again and felix nodded before letting the younger in to wait for him there.

after a while, felix went down the stairs all dressed up and ready for the hangout.

"let's go?" felix said and jeongin turned to him. the younger smiled and nodded before they walked out of the house.

"lung cancer. stage four."

those phrases kept repeating in jisung's mind as he lifelessly walked out of the hospital.

"you need to get admitted to the hospital for us to help you prevent the sickness from spreading your lungs further."

"i don't want to."

the older went outside to buy some food for them so jisung just went out of the hospital for him to wait for the latter there.

minho arrived at the hospital holding a plastic of food with him after walking from the convenience store nearby. he saw the younger walking slowly with his head looking down the ground. he frowned and ran towards the latter.

"hey, jisung. are you alright?" he asked and cupped jisung's face. the younger burst into tears and hugged minho tight.

the younger shook his head.

"i want to be with you." he said in between the sobs.

the tear that minho has been stopping for a while finally fell. he hugged the younger tightly and rubbed his back.

"i want to live my life with you."

"i want to do everything with you."

"i want my future to be you, minho hyung."

"i'm here, i'm here." he sniffled.

"i'm just here for you. i'm not leaving you."

the younger continued crying his heart out until there were no tears left in his eyes.