ᥫ᭡ || One: Responsible

You had known Liu Woods for a while now. It's not like the two of you were friends, but rather that you saw each other often enough to smile and say hi. You worked at a small cafe in your town, and you didn't know where he worked, but he always passed you on his way there. There had even been a time the two of you decided to sit down and chat for a couple minutes, although the conversation was more about everything else rather than yourselves.
    Today, however. You didn't see Liu on your way in. Instead, you got pushed against the hard brick wall by some random man. He wore a white hoodie, and at first, you didn't notice the blood stains covering it, but after a moment, it set in, and you started to panic. The man looked down at you, a sadistic look in his eyes. Half of his face was covered by a mask. All you could see were his eyes, the top of his cheeks and forehead covered by long black hair.
    "What's wrong? Expecting someone else today?" The man snickered, his grip on your forearms only tightening and pressuring against the wall. You winced, turning your head to the side and looking away. You stayed silent, trying to fix your expression to that of a blank one, hoping that no reaction would leave him unsatisfied.

    Suddenly, you heard the familiar voice of the one you hoped would show up. He grabbed the man and pulled him off of you and without checking if you were okay, without even speaking to you at all. Liu walked away, dragging your attacker behind him.
    Managing to pull yourself together, you turn the corner to see Liu and the Man talking to each other. When Liu turned around and looked at you, his expression was different than you had ever seen before. His eyebrows furrowed, and his eyes seemed darker than before. Watching him shoo you off, you nod and turn, walking towards your workplace and heading inside.

• • •  ᥫ᭡  • • • [  Hours Later  ] • • •  ᥫ᭡  • • •

    Y/n exited the cafe, carrying a small brown bag in her hand containing a pastry. When she passed through the doors and turned the corner, she nearly ran into someone. Stopping and apologizing before looking at them. "Oh, Liu. Hey." You spoke, looking at him. He was always so intriguing to you. Secretive, always walking around but never telling you where he actually worked. And those scars.. you hadn't bothered to ask, but you had a feeling he could tell they interested you.
    "Hey.. I'm sorry about what happened to you earlier today. I hope you're alright, Y/n." He flashed a soft smile, standing up straight since he was leaning on the same brick wall you had been pushed up against. "Yeah, I was going to ask you what that was about - you seemed to know the person?" You questioned him. So what, you got attacked by someone. Maybe this was your chance to get to know him better.
    "Walk with me. I'll tell you a little bit about  him." Liu smiles softly once again, those scars only extending his smile. You nodded, and both of you started to walk away from the cafe.

    "Who is he to you?" You started with what sounded like a simple question. Liu sighed quietly before responding. "He is.. my brother." His head kept straight, watching the world in front of him as he walked. You turned your head to look at him, though. "Really? I mean. It's not like I could see much of his face, but I wouldn't have thought the two of you were related - You're always so quiet. I don't know much about you at all." One you were finished speaking, you looked back ahead of you again.
    "I get that a lot." Liu chuckled. "We had a bad falling out a really long time ago. He's just not a great person. We can't seem to get along like we used to." He explained, finally turning his head to look at you. "He hurt you, that makes me want to hurt him too." Liu finally confessed, looking up at the traffic lights as they turned to red, starting to cross the street with you by his side.
    "He didn't hurt me, Liu. I'm all good, don't worry about me." She laughed. Honestly, the fact he cared that much about her warmed her heart. "I have to worry about you, I have to worry about everyone with him.." Liu brought a hand up to place on his forehead, holding it. "I feel responsible."

    "Responsible? For what?" You shot him a concerned look. "Just.. for him. That's all." You watched as he took a deep breath, his expression softening for a moment. "I should let you get home. I'll walk you there, if you want." Liu asked.
    "No, I'll be okay. Go head home yourself, Liu. I'll see you tomorrow?" You smiled as you watched him nod in response, saying your last goodnight before splitting directions with him and going home.