30 3 1

This has literally been unfinished for months. I was gonna delete but then I read it and actually liked the way it was going plus I thought the writing was decent enough so I somehow mustered all my motivation and finished it! Yay!

(I do want to admit that I know that it won't play out like this unfortunately)

. . .

"So, for your end of the deal, I'll be able to choose anyone here to join the Port Mafia?" Mori asked with a sharp smile playing at his lips, simply asking not because he didn't know the answer, but just because he wanted to rub it in Fukuzawa's face.

"Mostly anyone," Fukuzawa reminded him gruffly, "You can't take Yosano for obvious reasons and Kyouka and Kenji stay here for even more obvious reasons."

Mori rolled his eyes, his sharp grin softening into a more playful one, "Of course, Fukuzawa-dono. Though I would like to remind you that they are a bit out of my age range."

Fukuzawa raised an eyebrow at him but said nothing else.

Currently, they were all sitting around the rectangular table in the ada's meeting room; the Armed Detective Agency on one side, the Port Mafia on the other, and a few agents from the Special Abilities Department at the heads of the table simply to supervise and make sure nothing went out of hand between the two formers. Zenki Soukoku sat directly across each other, and everyone else sat at rather random spots. However, it seemed the other generations of Soukoku followed suit subconsciously as Dazai sat across from Chuuya and Atsushi sat across from Akutagawa. Next to Mori on the Port Mafia's side was Kouyou and next to Fukuzawa was his successor, Kunikida.

"That's all the rules then, isn't it?" Mori asked.

Fukuzawa nodded.

"So I can choose the weretiger, illusion boy, your little successor, the only actual detective in your detective agency, or~..." Mori purposely dragged out the 'r' a bit as his gaze slowly turned to one person in particular, "Dazai-kun."

At his words, everyone's eyes snapped to Dazai, but the man himself seemed too engaged in a silent conversation with Chuuya to actually care. Dazai squinted his eyes and raised his eyebrows to which Chuuya hastily shook his head with a serious look on his face. This, however, did not deter Dazai in the slightest apparently, because his lips curled upwards as he tilted his head forward toward Chuuya. The gravity manipulator, then, in response, shook his head in a more resigned manner than earlier and sighed, ending the conversation.

The intriguing scene ending seemed to have brought everyone back to the situation at hand because Fukuzawa's expression quickly became grim again as Yosano clenched her jaw.

"Dazai, is off the table as well, Mori-dono," Fukuzawa said, anger seeping into his tone.

"Really? You can't say that now though, can you? The rules have already been established. I even asked. Not to mention this many rules is a bit too much for me to accept."

The not-at-all-subtle threat of Mori rejecting the other rules Fukuzawa had set up had the special ability agents tensing and the agency members fuming. While, at the time of the deal being made, Fukuzawa had set up the rule of not taking Yosano, the rest of the rules hadn't been set. Mori could easily bring up how he technically hadn't agreed to those and therefore have the ability to overrule all the new rules Fukuzawa had made.

"Don't even try, Mori," Yosano growled, hand already itching to pull her scalpel out of her pocket and stab the man in the neck.

The fact that Yosano's mood was rapidly becoming murderous did not escape Mori as he quickly took notice of her hand hovering over her pocket.