The Attack

"Ojii-chan, I'm back!" You called to your grandfather as you walked into the house. "Ah? Who is it?" He asked from his rocking chair in front of the window. "It's me, Maiko. Your granddaughter." You answered. "Oh yes, yes. Good to have you back." He responded. You felt sad. He was getting older and was having problems with his memory. You were afraid that he would soon pass on and leave you all alone. Your mother and father had been killed a couple years ago and since you didn't have a husband, if he left you would be on your own. "So how is that guy you've been seeing?" Your grandfather asked. "I haven't been seeing anyone, Ojii-chan." You answered. "Oh, did you get married?" Your grandfather questioned. "No, Grandfather. I am still single." You sighed as you began to make supper. "And why would that be?! You're beautiful and kind. I don't see a reason why anyone wouldn't love to have you as a wife." Your grandfather smiled as he slowly rocked back and forth. "It's not that they don't like me, it's just that I haven't found the right guy yet." You replied. "Ah." You continued making the food. After a while you finally finished making the food. "Ojii chan, the food's ready." You called as you placed the food on the table. Your grandfather grabbed his cane and slowly stood up. He slowly walked over to the table and sat down. "Oh! Tempura, my favorite!" He smiled. You smiled back. "I know, Ojii chan." You walked over to the door. "I'm going out for the festival tonight." You said. "Well, be careful. You don't want a demon to attack you." He warned. "I will, Ojii chan." You smiled again as you exited the house. You walked down the street and towards the market. Not too long later it had started to get dark. You stood by the side of the road with the growing crowd, waiting for the parade that was about to pass through. "If only Grandfather was strong enough to be here." You thought. "The poor guy can't even leave the house anymore." "Hey, beautiful." A strange voice brought you out of your thoughts. You looked to see a tall, muscular man with a scar over his right eyes and on his arms and chest. "Umm, hi?" You answered, trying not to be rude. "Oh, did I catch your breath? I bet I did. Is it because of how hot I am?" He asked. You didn't quite know how to respond. "It's ok, darling. I know I'm handsome. By the way, are you single? Cause you won't be for long with me around." "I am single but you are not my type." You said as politely as possible. "Your type? Who cares? All that matters is if I can convince your parents to give you to me." He responded. "Umm, my parents are dead and my grandpa believes that that should be my choice to make." You replied, getting annoyed. You turned and walked away, soon finding a new spot to stand. By the time the parade had ended it was quite late. You were walking home when a ruckus occurred. You looked over and saw a tall blonde man holding a severed arm with the bloody corpse of a woman just behind him. You ran to your house before tossing open the door and running in, slamming the door behind you. "Who is it?" Your grandfather asked again. "Grandfather, you need to go down into the basement! I'm pretty sure some demons are attacking!" You shouted. "I can fight them." He said. "No you can't grandfather!" You replied, grabbing him and pulling him towards the basement. He sat there as if he had forgotten why he was down there. You then ran up and blocked the door before running over to the sitting room and grabbing his old sword off the wall. He had been a Hashira before he retired and had kept his sword. He had taught you a bit on how to use it before he got too old but you still didn't know very much. You grabbed it and ran out the door into the chaotic streets before blindly running into an alleyway. "A dead end?! No! It can't be!" You thought. "Hello? Is anyone there?" A voice asked from the entrance to the alleyway. You stayed quiet and backed up a bit before holding out your sword in front of you. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you!" The tall, blond man stood in front of you, smiling. There was a little bit of blood smeared on his face. "I don't believe you!" You yelled, trying to act confident. He continued to smile. He glanced down at the sword in your hands. "A Demon Slayer? I didn't expect to find one here." "Yeah, I am. Now stay back before I cut your head off." You warned, trying to sound threatening. The man just laughed. "I doubt you could do any damage to me!" He took another step forward and grabbed your wrist. You trembled and tried to pull your hand back. "Let me go!" You shouted. "I don't think I will." The man laughed and pinned you against the wall, poised to bite you. You squirmed around, trying to break free. "Doma, let the girl go." A very annoyed voice said from a few feet behind the man. "Aww, but why?" The man asked, turning to face the source of the voice. Another man stood there with his arms crossed. He had pale skin decorated with thick blue lines. He had short, fluffy, bright pink hair. "Let the girl go." The man with pink hair repeated. "Aww, I just wanted a snack." The man with blond hair whined, smiling. The pink-haired man rolled his eyes and walked closer. He punched the blond-haired man in the jaw, knocking it completely off. It quickly regenerated. "Let her go." "Fine, I can probably find better snacks anyways!" The man with blond hair let go of your wrists and walked away with the pink-haired man, who was still very clearly annoyed. You continued to tremble, terrified of what had just happened. You had almost been bitten by a demon and did that other demon save you? You felt lightheaded and clenched your katana in your hand. You attempted to stand only to have your vision go blurry before everything went black.