Chapter 1

I always loved the Titanic. Ever since I was a little kid, I always wanted to visit it. And I did just that. I built myself a company up from the ground that focused on a s̶a̶f̶e̶ quick way to take people on tours of the shipwreck. I will admit, I didn't follow all the rules. But my baby, the Titan, had survived 19 round trips, and I couldn't wait to take her on the 20th.

As we loaded in, I got a strange feeling in my gut. But I ignored it, as I assumed it was just the human's natural fear of deep water.

The ride went smoothly for the most part, we were looking at the animals on the screen as we passed by. Once we were deep enough to not see anymore animals, we began talking. The kid with Shahzada looked a little nauseous. But I reassured him that we would be okay, as I was an expert. I asked him if he was going to college and what he was planning to be when he was older. He rolled his eyes when I suggested to join my team.

Both his father and I let out a chuckle, while Paul and Hamish looked at each other with concern. Shahzada asked what the matter was, and they responded that they felt the sub move. I reassured them that this was a normal occurrence under the water, and that they'd be alright. I was getting kind of tired of all the reassurance I've been needing to do, but I kind of get it. This is their first time on my Titan.

About an hour and a half in, I watched in confusion as the monitor screens turned off. The immediate silence in the vessel was eerie. I could feel all four pairs of eyes staring into the back of my head, and I was frozen. I slowly lowered the k̶n̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶X̶b̶o̶x̶ controller into my lap and kept my eyes on the blank screen, silently praying that it would turn on again.

"Rush.."

That deep and annoyed voice made me flinch slightly. They were pissed at me, I know it.

I turned my head slightly and noticed that the lights had stopped working. Shit. We lost power completely.

Suddenly, I noticed my submersible falling slightly faster than it should be. I needed to lie. They might try to kill me if I tell them the truth.

"This happens a lot, but don't worry. My team has our location and will be getting us back up to the surface shortly." I told them.

They seemed a little pleased with that answer. But only I knew it was a complete lie. There were no tracking devices on this submersible. We could be out here for days for all I know. I just have to hope they don't become angry enough to murder me for it.. Or hungry enough..

I shuddered. I could tell Paul didn't really believe me. He knew just about as much as me in this field.

I watched as Suleman, the son, started shaking. I wanted to try to comfort him, but I didn't really know what to say.

"How long will it take for them to find us?" Hamish asked me.

Before I could speak, I heard a continuous cracking noise. My eyes darted up with a look of horror on my face, and I knew the others knew what it meant. Nobody had time to do anything, because within a split second, the ship imploded.

The sound and overwhelming heat of crushing metal filled the sub. The taste of salt and blood must've filled everyone's lungs as it did mine, but it all only lasted a few milliseconds. I didn't have time to think. Luckily, I didn't feel anything else after that.

My vision went black immediately, and my life quickly flashed before my eyes.

I was dead now.