Chapter 1

Dear Diary,

I like to see people for people. Let bygones be bygones. Let truth and justice unfold in its own mysterious way. That was what I was taught. It's how I was raised. But what struck me the most, was how everything grew. Changed. Adapted. Just like the leaves of an ivy tendril trying to get to a water source. It's how I got my name. Ivy.

                                                      *******************

Ivy walked through the dark alleyway. Its murky puddles splashed underneath her feet. As she stepped into the light. She observed all the movement around her.

Stay on guard. That was key.

A young couple were sitting on a bench, sipping on their coffees, all while an elderly lady hobbled along, her cane creaking as she went over to the edge of the road. A car's honk sounded less than a second away.

Ivy sprung, quickly grabbing the woman by her shoulder, and pulling her backwards. The car missed her by a centimeter.

The woman turned to me gratefully. "Thank you! I couldn't be more grateful to you, what's your name?"

"Ivy," She replied before turning away and leaving the lady. She would probably forget her within the next couple of days.

Her life was unlike others. Abandoned. Trained to fight. To use her abilities to help every person she saw, but Ivy never understood. Why should she help people who would never help her in return? Ivy turned the corner and entered a dress shop. The smell of cinnamon and honey filled her lungs, and she let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding.

A sudden thud sounded, and Ivy quickly whirled around. Her defensive stance kicked in, and she raised her fists, ready to fight.

"I'm so sorry!" A young girl smiled. "I was trying to move these boxes, but they all fell, and they're ancient! Oh, I hope nothing broke! Ms. Margo would kill me, wait she'd just fire me, I'm Lalage, but my friends call me Lally," She held out her hand.

"Ivy," she responded, slightly uncomfortable at the hand motions.

"Well, it's nice to meet you! If you're here to shop I hope you find what you're looking for, but I really need to get these to the storage room,"

She teetered off to the back of the store.

Ivy stared at her as she left. How could someone be that happy? She was about to leave when she felt her shoe step on something. Looking down, Ivy saw some sort of necklace. She quickly picked it up, brushed off the gunk that had gotten on her shoes from the ally, and nearly jumped back in shock. It was a gold medallion with the symbol of the monastery where she dwelled. Not wasting a second, she booked it out of there, and raced up the overgrown path to the "Abandoned Monastery,"

"Grand Master Rohan?" Ivy called, as she entered the building. "Are you here?"

"Child, you know I'm always here," A creaky voice rasped.

An old man sat in the corner, on what looked to be an old meditation arch.

"Is there something you need?" He asked.

"Er, well, I was in town..." She trailed off.

The Grand Master let out an impatient sigh. "Get on with it, I don't have all day,"

Ivy held out the medallion for Grand Master Rohan to see. "I found this,"

Rohan leaned forward slightly before taking it from her hand and holding it up to the light.

"Where did you find this?" He demanded, turning back to her.

"Well, I just found it on the floor of that store I like to get my normal day wear," Ivy responded, a bit confused. "Why is this thing so important?"

Rohan stared at her a bit longer before leaning back in his chair. "It has no importance," He murmured. "No importance at all,"

Privately, Ivy didn't believe him. Didn't believe that this wasn't important, and didn't believe that the Grand Master was telling her everything.

"Why don't I take it to the storage?" Ivy offered.

His eyes suddenly flashed with alarm. "No. Go put it on my meditation stand,"

Ivy nodded. "Consider it done,"

Rohan narrowed his eyes. "You know I only consider it done when it is done," He reminded.

"Of course, sorry," She apologized, grasping the medallion from his frail hand.

Turning the corner, Ivy walked through the empty corridors. The light seeped through the windows which were overgrown with vegetation. The Master's Meditation Temple was the 7th door to the right. The door creaked open and she poked her head through and slowly allowed herself entry to what she was taught, the most sacred place here in the Monastery.

The Meditation Temple was secluded with vines growing down the walls and ivy tendrils creeping their way through to the pool of pure water in the center. A large altar was built in the center of the back wall where the Master put his most valued and treasured possessions.

Carefully, Ivy placed the gold medallion on an empty spot and turned to walk away, but not before sparing a quick glance at the medallion, and a made a quick mental image of the symbol on it. If she could find a book or something about that symbol, maybe she could figure out what it meant.

                                                   **********************

Ivy glared at the books around her. None of them had the symbol. All she needed was a book with a picture of the Theravada on it. Leaning back on an old stand, she sighed. Why couldn't the master just tell her what the medallion was?

A creaking sound broke her out of her thoughts. The stand slanted as one of the legs buckled. Ivy let out a small yelp as she knocked over a stack of books.

"Great," She muttered. As she began picking up the books, she noticed one of them had opened to a page with the Theravada on top!

Twitching excitedly, Ivy picked the book up, and read the words written:

In realms of mystic aura, where magic's veil is worn, A medallion of ancient lore, in destiny is born. Forged in the crucible of cosmic might, It holds the key to miracles, bathed in radiant light.

A prophecy unfolds, etched in mystic runes, The medallion's power, sung by celestial tunes. Worn by a chosen, a bearer unseen, A conduit of wonders, a realm between.

When moon and sun align in cosmic grace, The medallion stirs, awakening the sacred space. Miracles shall blossom, like petals unfurl, Guided by the medallion, in destiny's swirl.

Healing whispers in the winds shall sway, As the bearer walks through night and day. In the medallion's glow, a celestial decree, Miracles unfold for all who believe and see.

Waters shall part, mountains bow in reverence, The medallion's aura, a cosmic benevolence. A touch, a glance, miracles cascade, As the chosen one walks in the path unmade.

Yet, heed the balance, for power demands care, The medallion's miracles, a gift rare. In the symphony of fate, where destinies twine, The medallion's prophecy, a tale divine.