Untitled Part 1

"A milkshake for table 1!" announced a waiter. Luna hurried to prepare the order, not wanting to keep her customer waiting.

"You look in a good mood today" noticed her colleague.

"Yeah, I had a great night. Who knows why, I slept like a baby" she said, putting the milkshake on the counter

"Luna, come to the cash register please. Marc is going on break"

"I am coming right now".

That day, it was Saturday. At the start of the weekend, the café was full. The atmosphere was comparable to a station hall. Some corners were noisy, other tables were quieter amidst the hubbub. Each customer created their own memories, each was there for their own reasons. It was an interesting sight to see: regulars, passers-by, friends, influencers, couples, reunions, sometimes breakups... All the profiles were there.

Luna's favorite part of her job was dramas. Without them, her work would have been very boring. And it gave her something to talk about at the end of the day, after having had coffee, smoothies, bubble tea and other drinks. She often laughed about it with her colleagues. They remembered the time a woman tried to pay her daughter-in-law to divorce her son. Or the time two childhood friends found each other by chance. Or the time a fight broke out.

Luna loved watching others and imagining their lives. Besides, the young woman wrote stories. Mainly love stories. Most of the time, she made her characters live the life she dreamed of. But sometimes, when she was angry with the whole world, she projected her anger onto them by inflicting on them a realistic life or worse a secondary character life. A life in which the story does not end with "and they lived happily" nor with "and everyone remembered them". No. Besides, it was these books, with not so happy endings, that sold best. Perhaps this was so because it reassures people to see that even with a lackluster life, our story is still worth telling.

She sometimes wondered when she too would be able to have her Happy ending.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the bell announcing the arrival of a customer. The man approached the counter. He was singularly elegant. He wore black suit pants with a beige sweater. On her shoulders was a long coat, emphasizing her large size. When he stopped in front of her, Luna got a better view of his face. His features were fine without giving him an effeminate look. He had a stubble that looked clean and well-groomed. His hazel eyes seemed empty. You couldn't see any emotion there. It seemed almost cold. This detail surprised Luna. Usually, she could read people's faces. The eyes let part of their life or their feelings shine through. You can find joy, sadness, stress, sometimes anger, but she had never seen such a blank look.

- Hello, what can I serve you?

- I'll get you an espresso with two sugar cubes.

- Alright. Will it be in or take away?

- On site.

- All right. You can settle in at a table, my colleague will serve you.

The morning continued with customers caming in and out, all in the midst of this incessant hubbub. The waitress was starting to get tired. Between orders, she looked at the clock. Only 10 minutes left before the end of his shift. Afterwards, she will finally be able to go out.

These last minutes seemed endless. Finally, after a last "my colleague will serve you", Luna was finally able to breathe.

She collected her things, greeted her colleagues and finally got some fresh air again.