•Chapter I•

I. Officialy Friends

August 17th of (N/A), I turned eighteen with no huge party celebrations for I only ordered for greetings and no gifts... I don't like gifts or obviously surprises. What was I doing again? Oh right, in my room, talking to my self while I stare at the window. Weird, I must say to myself. A humble servant that I consider as my friend, knocks on the door...

"May I come in, Your Royal Highness?"

"Yes, you may." Even though I treat her as a friend... We still need to know our place. Working class and royal class are different.

She enters with some news I'll never forget.

"Your Royal Highness, the king wants to see you."

"For why?" I asked, as I closed my fists.

"He wants to tell you something important. It's about inheriting the throne..." She said.

"Oh, those things." I said with a sigh.

"But, it goes on by marrying someone to rule alongside with you..." She added

She said nervously, for she knew I never liked marriage in the first place. I hate it. I don't want to turn into my mother, that was killed by marrying my father because she was a commoner. I turn around as I scrunch my brow, fueled with anger. My mother gave me this life, I will not lose it by marriage. As my servant gulps, she continued her sentence.

"And, he'll stay here for a month before marrying you. Your father will tell you more details. Your Royal Highness."

I try to keep my anger in. But that seems hard.

"Nonsense!" I exclaimed.

"But it is the truth and it is the law. Now, hurry along, my princess, for he is waiting, sitting his throne." The servant said as she offered her hand.

As we walk through the halls and corridors of the palace, I felt anger. It was possibly my father's decision to compel me to marry someone. My servant, Stella looks at me a bit concerned for me after telling me the news.

The grand hall we are in. My father, sitting on his throne as my younger brother stands beside him on my father's right. I fell on my knees, bowing as I look up to him furiously.

"Arabella." The king murmured.

"What is it, father?" I said.

"Stella must've told you why you are here."

"She did. Who am I going to marry? May I decline this offer?" I really do not want to mary anyone. My father then stood up annoyed.

"You shall not decline. We are financially unstable. We are losing money for this country. That is why our neighboring nation, Vronti's prince will marry you and you have no right to decline. He is our only chance." I was mad because he said this. I need my freedom in who I will love and who I will show prejudice and despise.

"The man who is known for his looks and cold personality? Hah, Your Royal Highness, I decline."

"He will be coming later. Like it or not, you will and will marry him." I am feeling hate for my very own father.

"That's too soon, father!" I exclaimed.

"At least you have a month. Now, go with Stella and the other servants. They shall prepare you in meeting him. I heard they are on the way. So be quick and swiftly change." My father said as he sat back down.

Stella approached me, and signals me to come with her. As I wore my dress along with two more servants. I ranted to Stella as she fixes the bodice.

"I can't believe it! It's there problem if the kingdom is running out of money! There are many ways to solve it but do not include by forcing his Royal Highness' child! I do not want to marry that cold dragon!"