1.

-

"...causes self-esteem issues, and in conclusion, high school sucks." Zeke finished his speech with a grin on his face, and he turned to face the teacher, who shook her head at him in disappointment.

"That wasn't what the subject was about, Mr. Hopper," The teacher, Ms. Gilbert told him, "it was about the World War."

"Oh, well, I bet high school even sucked back then." Zeke replied with a small grin

"Sit." Ms. Gilbert snapped her fingers, gesturing to his desk.

"It would be my pleasure." Zeke walked back to his desk, sitting down.

Ms. Gilbert narrowed her eyes at him, and zeke just smiled at her.

"Psst," Zeke turned his head and saw Steve Harrington leaning forward,

"You do know that you have to pass this class, right?" Steve whispered to him, and Zeke glanced at Ms. Gilbert before jabbing a finger in her direction.

"Her class? I don't even understand a word she's saying. How am I supposed to pass." Zeke questioned, his voice quiet in a whisper.

"By paying attention, Zeke." Steve replied, and the bell rang.

Zeke stood up, collecting his stuff, "I pay attention all the time.."

Zeke cut himself off as he turned and bumped into someone.

Steve laughed, "Yeah, you pay attention all the time."

Zeke smiled, "sorry, " he turned to Steve, "that was an accident. There's a difference, I think."

"You have an attention span of a goldfish  zeke, " Steve told him as the two teens walked out of class and into a hallway full of students.

Loud chatter filled their ears, and shoulders bumped into theirs. "Just like yesterday, you almost got ran over in the parking lot."

"That wasn't my fault!" Zeke defended himself, "that driver was reckless, I don't even know how he got his driver license,"

He narrowed his eyes as he spotted the driver that almost ran him over yesterday in the parking lot.

"That's him. Drives a blue car.."

Zeke was interrupted by Steve, "1979 Chevy camaro Z-28."

"It's a car. It was a very blue car that almost ran me over, and the guy didn't even apologize!" Zeke said, shaking his head.

Steve stopped at his locker, and Zeke leaned his back against the lockers next to Steve's , pulling out a lollipop from his pocket and unwrapping it.

The taste of cherry filled his mouth, and he crossed his arms over his chest, tapping his pointer finger against the back of his hand.

He stared at the guy who almost ran him over, watching him flirt with some girl.

"..his name is Billy hargrove, and he's the biggest asshole I've ever met. Took my spot as captain of the basketball team." Steve spoke, glancing at zeke.