Prologue

I'm Maxxine D. Stevens. I prefer Maxx overall. 13 years old and female. I've got long, brown, hair and brown eyes. I would say I have quite a good fashion sense, it's kinda edgy I suppose. And I live in an orphanage. I've been stuck in here for a couple years.

I just want a family. A family that won't leave me. That's what happen to my other one. They left. I was sent back here. I've had 2 families. The first was my biological parents. They died in a car accident. Then I was adopted at the age of 8. They were so nice. Then they left. I couldn't get it through my 8 year old head that no one wanted me. I figured that out when I was about 9 or 10.

Tons of my "friends" left. They came in for a couple months and then left. Then another girl came in, Shelby, I was 12 then. We've been friends from when she first walked in.

"What's a freeday?" She asked me.

"It's a day we get to go anywhere we want. We can do whatever we want. As long as it's not illegal. We get a freeday every month, once a month." I said back. "By the way I'm Maxxine. You can call me Maxx." I smiled. As did she.

I kind of rebel a lot. People think it's cause I want someone to notice me. But I just think it's fun. Well I could say I like to be alone, away from all the orphanage drama. I like the roof the most. I can look out and see all the stars and just relax. I sometimes take my guitar up there too.

Music is a stress reliever. I wish I could hear all the new music on the car radio. The only time I could would be during freeday when we're all on the bus. But Mrs. S (the orphanage lady) says jazz and piano music is better. I say it makes me fall asleep.

I want to get adopted for my birthday. 14th birthday to be exact. I've been here the longest out of anyone. We have dinners, breakfasts, and lunches with families and I'm still here. Shelby has a family interested in her and I'm sitting on a roof. It could be worse, I suppose.

I tossed myself on the bed. Pulling out my new phone. I had saved up all my money from playing guitar and singing on the streets for it. Shelby walked in all surprised I had it. She was surprised the first time I came back inside at midnight, she was surprised I've been here the longest, she gets surprised easily.

She sighed a heavy sigh and I smiled. She wanted me to tell her about the phone. I sat up. "Where are we going to eat?"

"Maxx, when do I ever know." She giggled.

-----
--
--
--
Heyyyy guys new story here pentatonix story this time. Hopefully you guys like it so far. Well that's that bye.