prologue

Prologue
     TWINKLING STARS LIT UP THE SKY Like they were ballerinas in one of the traveling groups that had come to the kingdom just weeks before.

     Tonight the whole kingdom sat under those stars, waiting for the beautiful 9 year annual star shower. The king and queen, though still struck with the grief of losing their firstborn, decided that it would be better to go out, and watch the star show on the cliffside. Oh, how the kingdom rejoiced at the sight of their king and queen when they saw the two out of the castle.

     Everyone was happy, all except one. The lone soul of the castle, and the soon-to-be crowned prince Instead of being out with their parents, they sat alone in their dark and dreary room. Sitting on their window seal they look out into the beautiful sky, staring at it with a familiar longing.

     Then the stars began their tango in the sky, they shot across the sky as if an army racing into battle, leaving only paintings in their wake. The sky was painted a shade of lavender and pink, it was magnificent.

     But, amidst the lavender and pink that guarded the sky, a small speck of yellow sat. This sparks the child's interest, for they had not seen any stars of yellow that evening. They stare with an intense interest as the peck of yellow moves towards them.

     Soon enough, the yellow dot turned from a hazy blur to a vibrant star that sat just outside their window.

     They gaze in interest, and reach to open the window. The window opens with a click, and in zooms the star, leaving behind a trail of stardust.

     Before they could even react to what was happening, the star burst, blinding them temporarily. They let out a piercing scream, alerting the guards and nurses nearby of their pain. On their skin lay burn marks, dotting everywhere, from their face to their arms.

     When the guards finally rush into the room they see the child crumpled on the ground. Their royal garments were burnt, as well as the tips of their hair.

     After that, the castle doctor was called. Their parents hadn’t known about the weird and awful incident until they had gotten back the next day early in the morning, and immediately the queen rushed to their side.

     Over the course of the weeks following that everything seemed fine, until one day they suddenly grew sick, with no warning. The sickness was similar to the one that the queen had when she was pregnant with her first born, but it wasn’t the same, it was.. Different somehow.

     So just like when the queen had gotten sick, the people scoured the book of library shelves, in search of something to help the sick child.

     Until one day, a woman came to the castle, saying that she knew the reason for the sickness, and she did. But before she could ever finish her story, she was dismissed by the king, and sent away, but not before telling of a prophecy. No one knows what the prophecy entails except for the king, and some think they never will.

     Though somehow, through a miracle, the child grows healthy again, as if it had never happened. The only evidence of the event ever happening being a star shaped scar that sat directly in between their eyes, as well as a few scattered areas of burn.

      The kingdom rejoiced, they were so happy that they had not lost another royal child, and so life continued on as usual.

        Eventually, the kingdom forgot all about the event, and as was the prophecy. It’s laughable really, the kingdom was worried for weeks upon week, and then they just forgot, as easy as that.

     Until it wasn’t. The princette doesn’t remember the event, but the ball of pure star power stays with them, waiting for the next time the stars and earth meet.
……………………………
…………………
…….
….

..
.