Chapter 4

Almost two hours later, as the hunting party with Emperor jeon jungkook  at its head passed through the first of the picket lines thrown out around his camp, the sun was still high in the clear blue sky

Almost two hours later, as the hunting party with Emperor jeon jungkook  at its head passed through the first of the picket lines thrown out around his camp, the sun was still high in the clear blue sky. Despite the tasselled brocade canopy shading him, Jungkook's head ached. Sweat was sticking his tunic to his body, yet he barely noticed the curiosity he pondered the sudden news of the king Seojoon's visit.Just then Nuri stumbled, jerking Jungkook from his recollections, but only for a moment. Staring down at the wrinkled grey neck of his horse with its sproutings of sparse coarse hair, Jungkook noticed that he was entering the heart of the tented city that was the main camp. Perched high, he saw ahead, at the very centre, his own tent - bright scarlet as befitted the command tent of an emperor - and beside it, almost as magnificent with its intricate awnings,  ho seok was standing outside waiting for him, and from his posture Jungkook could tell how impatient he was for him to arrive. Jungkook was always pleased to see ho seok, one of the most trusted companions.

Your Majesty, king of Silla Park Seojoon awaits you." illustrated Hoseok hastily. Jungkook nodded to his talks while walking with Hoseok Khan towards his tent..

"Okay.But I wanted to discuss some important issues with my commanders before meeting him.I will invite him into my royal tent soon.Till then I want to show the hospitality of joseon.Give him wine and other refreshments"he instructed authoritatively

"As you wish your Majesty" bowed Hoseok out of respect and headed towards visitors tent for meeting king Seojoon.As Jungkook entered into his tent with an announcement of his arrival he saw his other commanders and counsellors sitting comfortably on the allocated green carpet chairs according to their positions.Everyone arose to welcome their Emperor and greeted him while Jungkook seated himself on luxury emperor's chair and immediately engaged into talks.After some time Silla's messenger from king Seojoon appeared infront of Emperor's tent. Jungkook watched Seojoon’s messenger, preceded by four guards in joseon green, slowly approached.As Jungkook gave him permission he started to recite it carefully and cautiously.

" Your Majesty, king of Silla Park Seojoon wishes to surrender. He offers to become your vassal and in return asks nothing but the lives of those within the walls of Silla."

The elderly Silla's people eyes were on the ground but the carriage of his tall, wiry body was proud. The words he had just spoken had not come easily to him.Jungkook suppressed a smile of triumph thinking he killed two birds with one stone.If king of Silla was ready to submit to him it meant that all the leading Silla's prince had now accepted his authority. Except, of course, Lee Jong suk of Goryeo,still skulking.

"Tell your master I accept his offer and will spare the lives of all within Silla. Tonight he may remain with honour in my camp and we will celebrate our new alliance.I am welcoming him into my tent with all respect" when king Seojoon's messenger is gone,A signal from Jungkook made Namjoon to walk outside soon he too followed him.

"The tiger overshadows them all now,Isn't it ?" asked Namjoon

"The tiger is the symbol of my dynasty, it’s true,’ Jungkook replied, "but don’t we all admire it's courage and strength? Which of us hasn’t pitted himself against the tiger’s power and cunning in the hunt and felt the glory of the enterprise? My hope is that one day all territory will embrace the tiger as an emblem of our collective power."