•Chapter II•

II. With Such Eyes As His

"Well, thank you for staying with me but I think it is getting late..." To be honest, I want to be with him more. But I must show that any feelings for him aren't real...

"It is. May I walk you back to your room?" My heart skipped a beat.

"S-sure..." I stuttered.

He offered his hand... I hesitated to put my hand on his, but he might get mad if I reject his offer, so I put it on. He grinned softly, showing a little smile.

"You really do love grinning, do you?" I questioned as I tilt my head to the left.

"And you really do love tilting your head, do you?" He questioned back and released a little laugh. This made me smile though, he noticed my habit and I noticed his. We both stood up and walked back to the palace.

In the west wing, Stella came running to me. I quickly removed my hand from Bane's and he gave me a side eye but back at Stella, seemingly being fueled in anger.

"Princess! Oh, and good evening Your Majesty!" She said to Bane as he bowed his head in return.

"Go straight to the chase." I said.

"The royal twins of Ataraxia will pay a visit tomorrow." Ah, my friends.

"You mean, Julian and Josephine?" I questioned.

"Yes. Now, you must get sleep before His Highness finds out that you are not sleeping early."

Stella left in a hurry. For why? I think that she is hiding something. I mean, it is her personal business, but I am curious.

"You may leave me here." I said to Bane. He didn't say anything but he left to go to his assigned suite. Did I make him mad or..? Anyways, I don't like him, right. Right?

I change into my sleepwear, I can feel my eyes want to shut down. I am feeling tired so I better sleep. As I sleep, safe and sound... I wonder what was Bane doing that time.

The next day has arrived...
August 18, 8:30 a.m. The day where Julian and Josephine arrives. I am quite excited for their appearance. Since it was morning, I had a breakfast that was joined with my family and Prince Bane. Though it was just some pancakes, I really enjoyed it. My father suddenly asked Bane a question about his stay.

"So, tell me. How was the first day here?"

"It was alright." He replied.

"Bella, where is Stella at?" My brother questioned as he chewed on the pancakes loudly.

"Why are you asking?" I questioned back.

"Nothing. I just want to know."

"She probably went to a market to buy food for later's lunch." I replied.

As we finished our food... We left to do our personal businesses. In my room, I was bored. What can I do? I am just sitting on my bed. Right! We have a library. Let me read books there.

I stood up from my bed and started walking to the library. When I arrived, Bane sitting and was there reading a book. He looked up to me.

"Hey there." He said as he looked back to the book he was reading.

"Hello, I see you are getting comfortable around the palace." I said as I tilted my head to the left.

"Actually, not really. I haven't slept yet." He mumbled. I sat beside him.

"May you repeat what you have mumbled?" I said that because I can't hear what he said..

"I said that I'm not used to stay here that much and I haven't slept yet." He said aloud. He seems to be angry too.