A good soldier

"I'm a monster" he screamed. Furiously trotting around in the small room, he first woke up in.

"Don't tell me I'm better equipped to hunt them now. If you could make me like this, why not give me back my original body?"

His tail swung around quickly behind his body and his ears were laid flat on his head like an angry cat. Although he tried to deny it he exhibited all the primary Navi emotions.

You happily note something down on your tablet and then look at him again with his narrowed eyes. "Sir this was your free will, you saw the recording that you left..." for a moment you lose your voice. " I mean not really you but in a way.."

The longer you look at him the more your voice disappears as gets bigger by the second.

"Listen, lady. I know you ain't the head of this operation but don't try and weasle yourself out of this" he hisses at you. Although he gets more quite with every word he doesn't become less threatening.

With his face only centimeters from yours he hisses: "Do you have any idea how it is to wake up in the body of your enemy? Knowing that you should have been dead long ago ? I've lost any respect for you scientists, and I've known quite a few. Believe me when I say it's best for you to leave now and crawl back to wherever you came from"

You quickly swallow any remaining courage you had left in your body and try to back away slowly from him. His sharp teeth still smiling at you and his eyes following your every move.

You feel like you've brought a save distance between you and the angry Lt. ,When you finally find your voice again.

"Lt. Quarritch sir, we really need to do at least some more test before Operation Phoenix can start. I understand your dismay but I have clear instructions from General Ardmore, I need to follow."

"Oh for god's sake fuck your instructions" he shouts, not as angry as you expected him to be, but still with his ears laid flat to his head, flexing his shard teeth. "Who is this General Ardmore anyway?"

The mentioning of military ranks seems to have brought him back to some kind of reality and calm you realise as you clutch your research tablet closer to you.

"Well sir, General Ardmore is the chief organizer of this whole second conquest of Pandora as we call it. And I have to say, I was always quite impressed when I read and heard about your role in the first. I mean you basically single-handedly managed the assault on the enemy's base. With all due respect your in our history books, sir."

"Don't try and suck up to me, it won't work." he growls but you do notice his tail stopping to swing as well as his eyes widening just a bit more.

He seemed to regret at least some of his as action as he harshly asks just a second later:

"Goddamn it soldier I don't even know your name or rank to properly berate you. Who even are you?"

"I'm y/n, Lt. " you manage to say as your barely contain your happiness about him finally calming down. " I got ordered here to Pandora,to work and assist you with project Phoenix. Well, not only you but also your team."

"No need to bow y/n, I'll be dammed if I'm really working together with one of you scientists but I guess it can be useful." He snares at you " You don't seem half bad, but don't think I'll forget who you are even for one second. Well then go be a good scientist and fetch me the rest of my godamn crew y/n we got some Navi to hunt"

You nod at his request, just happy to leave the room alive but before you can turn around he puts his blue hand on your shoulder.

" Oh and before I forget y/n you can run your darn tests too if you really need to. " Your whole body shivers as he touches you and you're even more surprised when you see a smile on his sinister face.

"At last a soldier has to follow orders doesn't he."