Chapter 53-The Investigation

When the next morning arrived, all of the kids were at the table eating a form of breakfast as FP came down the stairs.

Hey, where's Mom? Betty wondered.

Feeding Luna. He assured. She should be down in a minute... getting ready so she can take JB.

She nodded.

I wanted to talk to you about something. He mentioned. In the car, when I drop you off.

You got it. She nodded again, finishing up her breakfast.

Over the last, almost year, FP and the kids had a way of signaling each other down, when they needed to talk in private without making a big deal in front of Alice since she was always wanting to be in the know.

Alice soon came down and she had the baby propped on her shoulder, patting her back gently as she held onto the railing of the stairs.

She was wearing dark gray joggers that went way over her waist, a plain white t-shirt that was a thin cotton and she wore some white tennis shoes to finish off as she would be taking Jellybean to school.

Look at you, Mom, all put together. Betty smirked. You look cute with your brushed hair and outfit.

I have my moments, thank you. She smiled in return and she handed the baby over to FP, giving him the rag for his shoulder in case she spits up after having just ate.

Hi, little one, is your tummy nice and full? He asked softly, almost in a near whisper.

Jughead actually smiled, loving the love his father had for the new baby.

Do you gave any plans? Betty then asked her mom.

Um, yeah, but I don't know which I'm going to do, which I'll have time for. She shrugged as she pulled down the canister of oatmeal for herself.

Listen, I know you're fine, but I want you to take it easy still. FP came into the kitchen and he advised sternly. Don't wear yourself out.

I won't. Most my energy is spent when I look after this munchkin all day. She patted the baby's back gently. But she and I have things to do, we're a busy duo.

Yeah, I see that. He chuckled and placed a kiss to the little girl's head. And I'm a busy guy, so I'm gonna give her back...

Already? She whined. It's only 7:45. She looked down at her watch.

Yeah, I gotta take the kids and then go to the station.

Okay. Meet me at Pop's for lunch? She took the baby back to be in her arms.

Sure. He draped the rag over her shoulder and he came closer to kiss her. I'll see you two later. He smiled at the baby. Betty, Jug, let's go. He ordered them with a gesture.

The two got up and grabbed their things.

Bye, Mom... love you. Betty came over and she kissed her little sister. I love you too, you tiny thing.

Alice kind of laughed only because she knew she wasn't getting a kiss goodbye.

Bye, everybody. Jughead saluted before heading out the door.

Betty then ran right out after kissing her sister and she met up with the boys in the cruiser.

Well, guess it's just us. Alice told Jellybean as she pulled her oatmeal out of the microwave.

Yeah. Jellybean smiled. I gotta get dressed, but I'll be back down in a minute.

She got up and left Alice.

Okay... Alice mumbled. Guess it's just you and me.

She smirked, finally turning her baby in her arms in order to put her down for her first nap of the day.