Chapter 54-Never Going Back Again

Arriving at Pop's at the same time, FP was able to get the carrier for Alice since Luna was sound asleep.

You made it. She smirked. I was afraid of getting stood up.

I'd never do that to you. He chuckled. Plus, if I would have, Charles is on his way anyway.

Cool. She grinned and kissed his face.

Anyway, did you find the invitations?

Yes, I did. She pulled them out of her purse, both in one huge baggie. I wore gloves when I put them in, I don't need my fingerprints on anything. I'm trying to get my own kid back.

Very smart. He laughed. These are exact replicas of what Veronica gave me and what Archie has.

So, you got them to fess up?

Yeah. He opened the door for her and he allowed her in first. It didn't take much, but besides that, if they're all identical, that means they could have been printed. I don't think Penelope is stupid enough to get her fingerprints on anything, but at the same time, she is such a mastermind, maybe she forgot.

We'll see. Once I'm back at work, the month after next, I'll see if I can't do some of report. Even now, I can do it from home, but that's not until we have more info.

He nodded. Any luck with the parents?

Well, at first I figured I'd only need Fred and the Lodges, but then I wanted Tom, Sierra and Mary to be aware. So, next week is when we can all get together. I can hold it down, but you're invited if need be.

Good. He nodded. I might pop in.

Yeah, and it'll just be at our house since I have Luna and I invited them. So hopefully they all come... I gave them time and date and they all agreed.

FP nodded and he placed the carrier in the inner part of the booth, atop of the table so they could both see their girl sleeping.

She's so precious. He assured.

She is. She grinned as she pulled her coat off. Our little Luna FP Jones.

He chuckled. Gotta admit, it rings pretty well even if she is a girl.

FP played with her little foot.

I'm not complaining since I came up with it. She chuckled.

How are you folks doing today? Pop Tate came around to take their order.

Hey, Pop, I'll just have my usual. FP stated.

I'll do a chef's salad with a side of fries and a diet coke. She ensured.

You got it, I'll be right back.

Quite an order, babe. FP chuckled.

I haven't eaten since this morning and then I remember the doctor saying to add some salt so I guess fries wouldn't hurt... I always crave them anyway, but don't eat them because I don't want to be fat... I already have work to do.

He smirked. I don't think you could ever be fat... I'd love you anyway.

Awe, you're so full of it. Gotta love that about you. She patted his hand and then reached into her giant bag for her phone.

Just then the above bell rang and Charles walked in.

He scanned the room briefly before finding his parents. He then gestured that he would be with them, though he wanted to put in his order for lunch. Once he was done, he walked over.

Hi, honey. Alice moved over for him to sit down.

Hey, how's it going? He asked.

We're good. Just grabbing lunch like I said, that's all. FP gestured. How did things go at your quarters?