Chapter 7

Park Seojoon pov :

"No, but she will choose someone eventually anyway" her husband reasoned amiably

"No, but she will choose someone eventually anyway" her husband reasoned amiably.Our daughter's marriage decision to almost all the kings and princely suitors have gone out. We haven't missed any."

"Don't you think it would be more appropriate if we knew whom she would choose instead of us playing this guessing game?" persisted his wife. "If I know her well, she is likely to pick a boy whom I can't approve of at all! She has an uncanny habit of annoying me."

" don't tell me she has fallen in love with some fat boy! Now, that would be a very nasty surprise"said her husband playfully, but his queen did not look too amused.

"She is more frank with you. Why don't you ask her yourself? In fact, I had assumed she might have confided in you by now. Girls do fall in love, you know, "she reminded him pointedly.Soon the King of Silla promised to be the responsible father and a conscientious interrogator.That's why he went to see his daughter ,to know her longings..

But as soon as he entered his daughter's room, the Seojoon sensed the tension. His otherwise vivacious daughter cut a still figure leaning against the carved column, espaliered with fragrant jasmine vines. Her effervescence seemed to have dried up. He watched her as she looked out unseeingly, the expression in her eyes reminiscent of that look of piteous pain when he used to leave for battle.It was Wollongong sudden he noticed chaeyoung was staring ensively at the small portrait she had painted of someone and kept hidden in her bedroom coffer.The paint sounded like an incomplete one as it had no face. Seojoon was uncomfortable with her silence. She seemed to have turned inwards, and the father in him was deeply moved.

'Is the idea of marriage so revolting-or is it that you are in love?' he gently asked.

Chaeyoung repressed her surprise at his perspicacity. 'How did you know?'

'Because a girl whose wedding is so near and is seen unhappily moping around could only mean that she is in love, my dear,' he reasoned.

'And because I can read you well enough by now. Who's the lucky fellow?' he asked heartily, hoping to lighten the strain.Whilst chaeyoung remained unusually quiet.

'If you don't tell me what's wrong, how can we solve your problem together?' he remarked, using his pet line of persuasion whenever his little girl turned rebelliously sullen. This time, however, she remained unmoved and silent, her fists clenched tight.

'I am waiting,' he said cautiously, instinctively crossing his arms as if to protect himself from what was to come.

"Father I want to marry my prince !!"

There, she had said it finally; she heaved a sigh, her words wrenched out in a hoarse undertone.

Seojoon coudn't grasp it.So he demanded again "Who is this Pri... prince ?"