Chapter 19-Interruptions

Summary: Diana cares for a fussy baby Nicholas who refuses to sleep, but Bruce more than makes up for it.

Chapter 19-Interruptions

Diana sighed as she stepped under the shower head, relishing the feel of the hot water that assaulted her weary body. It had been a long day back with the League participating in missions after being on maternity leave for the last two months.

It had been more difficult than she had imagined being away from her infant son for the first time, but Alfred had sent her pictures and updates throughout the day, helping to ease the longing she carried in her heart. Thankfully, there had been several tedious missions that had helped to keep her mind and body busy.

She'd been able to spend the evening holding him and feeding, spending time with him before she puts him to bed. The only thing that would've made it more perfect would have been Bruce joining her, but her husband had been forced to start patrol early while she was out finishing up a mission. A hostage situation at a department store had caused him to miss dinner followed by a high-speed car chase by a pair of bank robbers.

Rinsing the shampoo from her hair, she found that she missed him deeply, hoping that he returned home from patrol