Delicious Potions

As soon as Harry stepped into the potions classroom and smelled the unmistakable scent of Amortentia, he knew he was in trouble. judging by the look on a certain boy's face he was in the same boat. Harry didn't let it show that he could see the slow bob of the slytherins throat as he swallowed when he had entered the room, but he did decide he was going to have a bit of fun, especially if the blonde didnt know harry's own feelings, and judging by the abject terror on Draco's face, he had no idea.

" Cauldrons out, books open, mouths shut", Professor Snape snapped as soon as he entered the dungeon class room.

He already looked like he regretted coming back to teach the eighth years, but it was only right that he finished their education since he was there fr it from the start. Snape nodded at Harry as he passed him and Harry grinned at him.

Ever since he had saved the snarky professor's life in the boat house in the battle of hogwarts, the potions master had been less cold towards him. It was nice, and as a result Harry's grade in his class had been exceeding, which he noticed had also been getting the blonde's attention, since he had a thing for potions, and, apparently, Harry.

Harry decided to start his plan simply by sitting next to Draco, so they had to brew next to each other. This caused the blonde to stiffen and Harry to cheer internally. He began pulling his things out of his bag, ignoring the pointed looks from Hermione and the glaring from Ron, the look of disgust on his face still making his stomach clench in regret.

They had abandoned him when he had told them that, one, he didn't want to be an auror when they left school, he had had quite enough and had really liked teaching the DA and so had decided to pursue a future in teaching at hogwarts, He hadn't decided what subject yet though, and second, when he had come out to them as gay, Hermione had been persistent that it was a phase, that he was confused, and Ron, ever the follower, agreed with her and had decided that it was disgusting and disgraceful, probably trying to just stay in her knickers.

Harry didn't care either way, he had better people behind him, who actually gave a shit about him and not his fame, and was proud to call him friend, but it still hurt something awful when he thought about them and all the years they had as friends. he often wondered if they would have even been there with him through the war.

He was lucky that it was neville that had given him the courage to face voldemort and end his reign once and for all, because he didn't think he would've been able to stomach his so called friends encouraging him to sacrifice himself for the greater good, whereas neville had been there with him the whole time under his invisibility cloak, just so that Harry would know that he hadn't been alone.

He was lucky, too, that it had been Neville, for when Mrs. Malfoy had asked about her son Harry had been certain to make sure she knew that he was alive and safe. He had made sure of it. after he had saved the git from the fiendfyre he had locked him in a closet for his own piece of mind, because he hadn't been sure he would've been able to survive if draco had died.

Harry shook his head and focused back on the present, none of that mattered now anyway, not when the blonde was beside him now, trying to not let the shaking in his hands show as he began his potion. Harry smirked and turned to the blonde.

" I wonder if the professor will make us try our potions out on our partners, it would be hilarious to see everyone's reaction," he remarked flippantly.

He could see Draco's face pale as all the blood drained from his face and he gave Harry a strained chuckle that sounded more like he had gone a little insane. " What do you smell when around Amortentia?" he asked the blonde," I smell green apples, broom polish and the wind. a bit curious, innit? Who smells like wind?" he asked, shrugging, watching as astonishment, hope and then denial crossed the other boy's face. It made Harry's heart clench to think that the other boy didn't think he deserved to be happy.

Harry turned back to his own potion, determined to make it right in case they were in fact made to try each other's potions, so that Draco would have no choice but to believe that his feelings for him were real. he was halfway through his potion when snape announced that they would indeed be trying each others potions.

Harry began to feel nervous as he was putting the finishing touches on his, and he could feel Draco bouncing his leg under the table. he carefully maneuvered his leg up against his to calm him down, and it seemed to work, at least enough to get the slytherin to stop bouncing.

Harry glanced around the room to see if anyone else was panicking and met nevilles eye. The other boy had a question in his eyes and Harry gave a slight nod as answer. Neville broke out into a grin and turned back to his own potion. He was lucky, his partner was his boyfriend, Blaise Zabini. Harry made to turn back to his own table, but caught the eyes of Pansy Parkinson, and she was studying him.

He smirked at her and turned away, ladling some of his potion into a bottle for draco to drink, the other boy doing the same with shaking hands. Harry smiled kindly at the boy and, at Snape's bequest, the whole class downed their bottles, Harry and Draco staring into each other's eyes as they gulped down the potion, which, to Harry, tasted like green apples with an after taste of green tea.

Harry smiled at Draco and decided to take a look around while he waited for the other boy to realize that his potion didn't work, and why. he could see Seamus Finnigan kissing the muddy boots of Gregory Goyle while Greg in turn was petting the other boys hair, absolutely smitten.

He smiled when he saw that there was no change in either Neville or Blaise and they were smiling at each other, their hands tangled under the desk. Pansy Parkinson was making eyes at Giny while her partner was trying to climb all over her, watching in sorrow as Ginny finally caught Dean Thomas in a heated kiss, their potion having obviously worked.

Harry finally looked back at Draco, the blonde just staring at him, first in confusion, then in doubt, but it was slowly giving way to astonishment and hope. Harry smiled at him again and leaned forward, like he was sharing a secret.

"I don't know about you, but my potion tasted like apples and tea. Weird huh?" he smirked, giving him a knowing smirk. Draco slowly cracked a smile.

"Mine smelled like broom polish and spices. tasted like treacle tart. know anyone who might smell like that?" he asked, smirking now in that famous Malfoy way. Harry Grinned and boldly put his hand on Malfoys thigh. The other boy leaned into the touch and Harry cheered internally.

He smiled when Draco rolled his eyes and gasped when the blonde pulled him into a bone melting kiss. Harry mentally thanked Snape as he pulled the boy closer, not caring that half the class was staring at them. This was going to be his best year at Hogwarts, and the future was definitely looking bright.