Miscommunication

Every individual has his own story, a significant one. We just can't foresee if it would be a happily ever after like ones in the fairytales, or it would be a tragic one, well, not really tragic, but a sad one. Now let me tell you a story. This happened three years ago at my old school in my hometown.

There's this guy who courted a girl for a month or so. One Friday night, the guy asked the girl if she could be his girl. Knowing the fact that the guy has some unsettled strings with some girls, she didn't say "no" but she said "I hate two timers" instead. But the guy seems to misunderstood what she mean, that he stopped texting the girl all of a sudden. Well for some reasons, it's also the girl's fault she didn't explain what she really feels.

Then monday comes. The girl was inside the classroom practicing how would she explain to the guy what she said last Friday night. When suddenly the guy entered the room with his left arm wrapped around somebody's shoulders. The girl was mentally blocked after she witnessed the scene. The guy introduced the new girl to everybody in the class as his girlfriend. The girl was shocked! That was just two days ago when he asked the girl, and now this? But what hurts her most was not because he has a new girl but because of the fact that the guy's new girl is one of her very close friends. In fact, they have the same group of friends.

The month of February approached. Only then she know that the guy and his current girlfriend broke up. She didn't know if she would be happy that the guy started to accompany her again. And because it's love month, they have a Juniors-Seniors Promenade. After the rehearsal, the girl headed home to fit the gown she'll be wearing on their promenade.

It was the last day of their rehearsals when she saw the guy with a girl, her cousin, to whom is four years older than her. She was on her way home with her cousin when she asked her cousin why they were together earlier. And it didn't escaped from her vision that her cousin was having a trouble whether to tell her what's happening, or not. Nevertheless, her cousin answered. "I'll tell you the truth but promise me you won't be angry." The girl's left eyebrow raised. "We're in a relationship just last night." The girl didn't say anything harsh, but "Oh? Really?...I gotta get going" Then she hurriedly went home.

Miscommunication was the reason it all started. Sadly, that girl was me. And this is how the story of my first love went. Cliché right? But believe me, that's how it goes. And one more thing, I do not possess a lover since "that" happenned. I find most men I meet lacking in some way or another. :)

-MishaÜü