CHAPTER 5 "The aftermath"

It had only been a short time since lucerys died,Rhaenyra was still mourning Vaella decided to return to Kingslanding but not to join aegon but to take her children.

She flew on dragonback that very morning the capital was noisy Bells rang as sunfyre landed infornt of the dragonpit, Dreamfyre flew down she let out soft cries as she and sunfyre once met again.

Vaella proudly walked through the gates of the castle before matching into her chambers.

Previously the day lucerys died Aemond returned distress Alicent asked him what happened with a worried look,he embraced her.

"I killed him..I killed the bastard" he said nervously.

Alicent put two and two together and her face was as white as a ghost she collapsed,her hands picking at eachother.

"You idiot you fool! How could you let this happen you killed rhaenyras son!" She said harshly.

Otto stormed into the room upon the news "What has happened daughter?"he raised an eyebrow asking.

Alicents teary eyes met with his she explained Aemond had killed lucerys on dragonback,The Old man could have gotten a heart attack right there and then.

"He..? He what you fool! You've lost one eye how could you still be so blind,You've started a war that can't be stopped now" otto exclaimed.

"Rhaenyra will have revenge and who will she go after! We've officially listed Vaellas support and our peace terms are wasted" he said slamming his fists into the table.

Aemond could only look at his mother sobbing and his grandfather's furious expression,he stormed out of the room.

The sound of a womans voice was heard ,he stopped in his tracks and slowly opened the door.

There she was her long silver hair and violet eyes vaella was a great beauty,she was talking to her young daughter Alyssane.

Aemond closed the door behind him, vaella turned around her smile turned into fury she immediately got up to leave,but aemond grabbed her arms stopping her.

"Let go get off me!" She protested.

"Vaella my love let me explain please" aemond begged.

Gael looked confused "love?" What did he mean was that a way of showing love to her mother? She was a child a confused one.

"Are you deaf? I said let go ...you've hurt me aemond you've taken something I held dearly "she muttered

Aemond ignored her desperately trying to get her to calm down,Gael looked up at her mothers sad eyes.

Vaella pushed him off before running to her daughter Gael,her heart ached at the thought of her daughter witnessing her and aemond arguing.

She gently embraced her daughter and kissed her forehead "You must leave now sweet me and uncle aemond have matters to discuss.." vaella said nervously.

The girl obeyed and left, vaella then turned back to aemond, You've killed my brother and expect my forgiveness?" She hissed.

"Vaella it was an accident..I didn't make vhagar kill the boy,it happened on its on" he replied.

"An accident? Your saying you can't control your dragon?" She muttered.

"Things happen were in the break of war, a War that can't be stopped...if your not going to listen to me why did you return?"he raised a brow asking.

"I came for my children,I promised my mother I'd bring them to stay in dragonstone..." she mumbled.

"You've decided to betray my brother,your lord husband..your the Queen Consort of the Seven Kingdoms,are you not" he stated.

"I am it is my duty as queen to support my husband but my duty as a daughter to support my mother..."she replied.

"Do you love me vaella?, or am your whore?he asked.

The question was uncalled for she felt uncomfortable taking a deep breath before replying" I do love you aemond very much but, I also loved my brother"

"I failed to protect him,to keep him safe he was just a child" she sobbed.

"I know your hurt to I've been selfish,I just...Its my fault I should have went instead of him I should have perish before thoses clouds" she whimpered.

Aemond pulled her into his arms embracing her "no nonsense vaella,it's not your fault it's no one's,things just happen" he said brushing his fingers through her hair.

Without being able to help it,her arms both held a tight grip around his body, and Warmley embraced hin as she rested her head on his neck" I'm sorry my sweet prince I've been selfish"

She felt the softness of his arms wrapped around her,she thought of everything that happened in Storm's End. She knew he only wanted to scare lucerys but, it ended it tragedy.

She looked at him softly tears still flowing from her eyes,she placed a tender kiss on his cheek "no matter what happens next after this,I will stand by your side to defend your rights ,and those of your family" she whispered to him brushing her hands through his hair.

"I love you,vaella" he whispered back,placing his own hand her cheek, though they had argued earlier she felt closer to him than before.

"There isn't anyone whom I could possibly wish to be by my side,but you aemond,not even my lord husband" she muttered.

The piercing shock on his face left the one eyed prince,he gave into her comforting touch,he felt cared for.

Aemond couldn't change what happened in Storm's End, however,vaella was enough to provide him with courage and determination of the upcoming war.

He knew daemon would have his revenge but for now,he could embrace vaella and listen to her comforting words.