[32] ɪ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ (ᴅꜱᴍᴘ ᴄ!Qᴜᴀᴄᴋɪᴛʏ)

a/n: i'm gonna be honest, i wasn't super up to date on all the lore from the dsmp and i took a lot of creative liberty with this because i loved the almost fantasy-like aspect of the dsmp so that's mainly what inspired this story;

hope you enjoy!

˜*˜

Peace.

Something that is difficult to come by nowadays.

But ever since the destruction of L'Manberg and the death of Wilbur, life has become somewhat peaceful.

A soldier for L'Manberg, a rebel against Schlatt, and Wilbur's old flame - those were a few of the many titles you held on your sleeve. But now, as you watch the waves undulating against the rocks on the beach, you relinquish those titles for one that did not call for violence around every corner.

Y/n. Your own name, something that had always carried a weighty title alongside it: Soldier, Warrior, Rebel, Traitor. But for the first time in a long time, it held nothing in front of it. It was just your name.

It was just you.

Well for now, at this moment, it was just you, watching the waves crash and feeling the tickle of saltwater on your cheeks, as you awaited your trusted friend and ally, Quackity, to join you.

He had caught you earlier, as you were walking through the town of the newly constructed villages of New L'Manberg, and eagerly told you about some exciting idea he had.

"Well, what is it?" You asked.

"Meet me at the beach later, and I will tell you everything," he had said, before running off to discuss other matters with other friends.

Hence, your presence at the beach.

The sun was beginning to set, and you were beginning to give up hope that Big Q had even remembered his promise to meet you when you heard staggered breaths from behind the bushes. You held a grip on your sword, knowing it wasn't necessary, but prepared, just in case.

"HEY! Sorry to keep you waiting! I think I spent more time trying to find a way to climb up that mountain than actually getting here," From behind the bushes, a bashful smile warmed your heart as you eased your grip on the sword and joined the struggling young man.

"Climb? You know there's a trail, right?"

Silence fell upon you two, with nothing filling the air but crickets and Quackity's labored breathing.

"Whatever, just— Okay, let's go! Or we're gonna be late," His hand wrapped around yours as he began to drag you towards the path he just came from.

"Late for what?" You asked but were ignored as you pulled Quackity away from his previous, steep path, to the safe one you had taken moments before.

~

"I smell flowers."

"We're almost there, I promise," Quackity had led me beyond the beach, beyond the forest, before turning to face me and handing over a blindfold. Presumably, to cover my eyes.

After lots of questioning and hesitation, I finally agreed to wrap the small cloth around my eyes, not without promising Quackity's slow and painful death if he tried anything funny.

He only laughed at the threat, "We both know you love me."

I rolled my eyes, unbeknownst to him due to the cover on them, but continued to let him lead me past the forest into unknown terrain. Without my sight, my other senses were heightened.

I could smell the sweet scent of flowers floating all around me. The bees buzzed around my ears, creating a slight sense of paranoia. While I was worried about getting stung, I felt a sense of security as Quackity's warm hands enveloped mine and led me through the mysterious terrain.