Chapter 11

Sitting on the swing in the balcony in deep poignancy

Sitting on the swing in the balcony in deep poignancy. Chaeyoung thought wistfully how this was one of the last nights she would be spending in silla, in the house where her first wakeful memories were centred. She stared at the lightening sky through the balustrade fringed with leaves, seeing moments of her childhood in a quick flashback. With a start she realized she had rarely cried in this house. The moments she recalled were full of innocent laughter and bliss—except those heart-wrenching times when her father had left for battle, which were often enough to snuff out her joy. Chaeyoung was suddenly swamped with a surge of sadness at the thought of parting from her home and her parents.Outside she could see birds chirping in the blue haze and lofty sand dunes which were now glistening with the rays of the sun high above in the sky littered with fluffy white clouds all over .Lost in her thoughts.She was weeping her heart out. Her eyes were red and swollen due to all the crying. Dark circles had formed around her eyes.This marriage was against her will. She did not want to get married to That barbarian joseon ! How could she ? She is in love with Prince Chenyeol..

Even though she totally against this marriage, she gave up in arguing already.Her father was so adamant in his decision.And there is no possibility of any miracles now.She was aware of that.A tear rolled down her cheeks as she wiped them trying hard to accept her fate and walked  inside with heavy steps.Just few days, they would have to set out, seven days’ ride to the  on the southern borders of silla, where the marriage was to take place

Finally the awaiting auspices day reached. Seojoon wants chaeyoung to behave her best because he knew she do not want this. Chaeyoung had made her mind as she will do this for her Silla.Not only that chaeyoung had strongly believed that Chenyeol will come to save her if the news reached upto him.Actually she had never believed in arranged marriages.Her belief  that a man and woman must find themselves in a deep pool surrounded by love, and actually love each other, instead of it being arranged.So not according to her theory she will marry the emperor.
, but she will never love him also never give him rights of a husband. Chaeyoung vowed herself  so that she will stand by her decision as long as she live.

"Greetings princess, it is the morning. The marriage procession shall arrive soon," dae announced with a shaking voice, waking chaeyoung up. Chaeyoung sat up in her canopy bed and rubbed her eyes.

"Very well, dae.And for the last time, please call me chaeyoung. We are good friends."She gave the faintest of smiles then curtseyed. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and sat up.

"How can you hide your pain like this princess.I can't see you like this" dae covered her eyes in extreme depression and inquired cryingly

Chaeyoung's answer was mechanical "There is a difference between dreams and reality dae.We own the world of our dreams but life, life never remains the same .Sometimes we have to take decisions for the sake of others. For the sake of our near and dear ones.You will see dae I won't bow infront of my destiny instead of I will fight against it.." chaeyoung sighed heavily..