Oneshot

"I'll ride with you then!" Ergo exclaims. The cyclops shakes his head.
"I'm afraid not, I must stay behind."
Ergo seems to deflate, his face droops.
"Oh, we haven't had any time..."
Ergo sighs and begins to mount his steed.
"Wait." He turns to the cyclops, one leg still in the air. The cyclops cocks his head.
"What is it, Ergo the Magnificent?"
Ergo bites his lip before fully dismounting his horse,eyes locking into the other's one.
"Why are you so kind to me? I know I haven't treated you the best, so why then?"
Rell smirks a bit, the corner of his mouth lifts. It alone makes Ergo's heart stutter.
"Because I wanted to be. You want the others to see you as stoic or unfeeling, while I see you turn into a puppy to cheer up that little boy after the death of his master. You may not believe it, but I saw that compassion in you. And you deserve nothing less of the same kindness."
The cyclops closes his eye as he finishes his words. Only to open it to the sound of sniffling. Standing directly in front of him is a sobbing Ergo, attempting to stop his tears with his hands, smearing them on his dusty face. Confused, Rell takes a tentative step forward right before Ergo collides with him, clutching his tunic with an iron grip. It was, at most, a badly angled hug. Rell's large arms couldn't find a way to properly wrap his arms to comfort the other. Rell could feel his shirt become damp from where Ergo hid his face. It's only a few seconds before he had to intervene.
"Are you-?" He was at a loss of words.
Ergo steps back, a bit reluctantly and sniveling. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
"I'm sorry it's just-nobody's.. Ever said things like that to me and- and..." He trails off then                re-embracing Rell. The cyclops' cheeks grow red. Physical contact. Not exactly his strong suit. It wasn't unwelcome, just... rare. The cyclops people were scarce and it definitely wasn't common for humans to approach willingly for a hug in the forest. Not many dare face them, much less touch them. Faintly, Rell could hear Ergo mumbling into his chest.
"Thank you... I wish you didn't have to stay behind."
How sweet. How purely sweet. Unable to resist, Rell leans down and plants a soft, swift peck of his lips onto Ergo's head. Suddenly, Ergo goes rigid.
I shouldn't have done that Rell thinks embarrassingly.
"I'm sorry, that was completely inappropri-"
A pair of lips on his interrupted his before he finishes. But as quickly as they came, they were gone. Rell felt hazy, like fresh out of a dream.
"I do wish you'd come with us. We'll get rid of the slayers and the man who cheated you. We might even be able to-"

"Ergo! We need to go!" Ergo turned to face his king's call from over the large boulders that gave them a second of privacy. The cyclops nods solemnly while Ergo swiftly bounces back and mounts his horse.

"Live and tell me the stories of inside."
Rell called to the other as he trots away. Ergo turns his head and smirks.

"And you! If you stay, wait and live until we return!" Rell nods and watches the men ride their fiery steeds towards the impenetrable fortress. Meanwhile, a stir in his gut finally convinces him. He will fight alongside Ergo and the others.

As the last thing he may do.                        
Fin