CHAPTER 6 " A SON,FOR A SON"

Vaella had promised her mother she'd return to Dragonstone, a lie it seems she made herself comfortable in Kingslanding war was not amidst yet.

She was brushing her daughter Gael's hair as the fire crackled,her sons Gaemon and baelon played with their toys everything was peaceful.

The hour had grown late she took her children to the tower of the hand,to visit their,grandmother Queen Alicent before bed that night.

She held Gaemons hand as they walked through the Red Keep to the tower of the hand,The young prince was frightened of the dark hallways and his mother kept with close.

But, a dept was still owed for lucerys murder rhaenyra wanted her revenge and daemon promised she'd have it.

Two men by the name of blood and cheese snuck into the castle during the hour of the owl,The two assassin's learnt from daemon that it was, The queen's customs to take her children to see their, grandmother before putting them to bed.

Vaella entered with her three children,her face went pale at the sight of a tied and bounded alicent and a dead handmaiden.

Blood killed her gaurd before,grabbing the little prince Gaemon,While cheese took hold of Prince Baelon, Gael hide behind her mother.

Though Blood warned Queen Vaella that she and her children will die if she screamed her,the queen remained calm "why have you come here who sent you?" She said nervously.

Cheese stated that a debt was owed
"An eye for an Eye, A son for A son"

Queen vaella's face was pained with horror, she knew now and then daemon sent the men after her children.

Cheese assured her,that neither her or her anyone else would be harmed,when he asked her which son she wanted them to take from her forever,The queen begged them to kill her instead.

But,blood refused  and reminded her that it has to be a son,Cheese then warned Vaella that blood would rape her daughter, Princess Gael,out of boredom if she doesn't make a choice soon.

Queen Vaella was horrified at the thought,she was forced to choose which son would be taken from her forever.

The Queen tearfully choose,Prince Baelon, Queen Vaella choose little baelon because she thought,perhaps the boy was to young to understand or because Prince Gaemon Is the kings firstborn son and heir.

Seeing that she had named her youngest son to die,Cheese whispered into the boys ear "You hear that little boy,Your mama wants you dead" he gave Blood a grin ,blood then proceeded to decapitate the boy with a single swing of his sword.

Much to Queen vaella's horror she began to scream as tears poured down her cheek,Blood and Cheese then fled with the Prince Gaemon's head,they evades capture from the castle guards via the secret red keep passageway in which they came.

Vaella clutched her sons bleeding corpse in her arms,she was covered in blood and her screams echoed the Red Keep,Princess gael ran to her grandmother Queen Alicent whom tried desperately to calm The Queen down.

When the guards entered the room they claim Queen Vaella,was still screaming and crying her blue dress stained in blood.

Blood was later capture two days prior the incident, Prince Gaemons head was found hidden in one of,bloods saddle sacks. While being tortured by order of King Aegon,Blood revealed  that he intended to take the prince's head to Harrenhal,where he would be given a reward from prince Daemon.

He claimed a woman called Mysaria or the white Worm hired him,blood died 13 days later cheese was never seen or found again

Queen vaella was distraught she felt betrayed and heartbroken,She seeked comfort from Queen Alicent,Lady Evelyn hightower and Prince Aemond.

Aegon and her slept separately for some time,the tension between them was unbearable she still loved him but was uncomfortable by his presence.

Otto hightower hand of the King had all the fat catches replaced by 100 cats,The assassination of prince Gaemon,would create a bitter and cruel relationship for rhaenyra and her daughter.

Princess Gael was said to have slept in her mothers chambers  during vaellas grieving process.