Sleepless nights

A/N: I recently got back into The Blacklist and have a few handwritten Keenler oneshots written as well as the first chapter of a multi chapter story. Hope you enjoy, Angels.

Elizabeth Keen looks over at where her partner, Donald Ressler, and frowns at how exhausted he looks like he's not slept in days, which is entirely possible, and has just drank coffee and nothing else. She can't really blame him though, the last case was brutal for all of them, even she struggled to cope for a few days afterwards. "Hey, Ressler!" She calls, Ressler looks over at him and gives him a smile, a small smile, but a smile nonetheless. He jogs over to her. "You okay, Keen?" He asks her, worry for her in his eyes. Liz smiles at her partner. "Yeah, I'm fine, but you are not." She says firmly. Ressler sighs and shakes his head. "I'm fine, Keen, just tired." Her partner says. Liz rolls her eyes at his lies. "Pizza and drinks tonight?" She asks, ever since her divorce to Tom almost a year ago, the two of them have pizza and drinks at one of their apartments once a week, twice if a case is rough, it Ressler's idea when he discovered that  Liz hadn't been out of her apartment apart from work and shopping. the first time he had suggested it, she declined with a smile and began to walk away from him. She only managed to get a few steps before he had thrown her over his shoulder and carried her to the elevator to the underground parking garage at the Post Office. He then drove her to his place where he ordered pizza, handed her a glass of wine and put on a movie.

It's been their thing for the past year and they both love it.

"Sure, my place, 7:30, I'll drive, you can change into some of my sweats and stay in my room." Liz nods and walks away, a plan forming in her mind about how to get her stubborn partner to sleep.

Liz groans internally as she crushes up two sleeping pills and mixes it in Ressler's 3rd beer. She knows drugging her partner is a bad idea but is the only way to ensure that he'll get some sleep, at least for a few hours. He'll be pissed with me in the morning. The FBI profiler and agent thinks to herself as she hears her partner's voice float in from his living room.

"Hey, Keen, hurry up!" He shouts at her. Picking up his beer and her new glass of half drunk wine, Liz walks into the living room, hands her friend his beer and sits down on the couch beside him, dressed in his smallest pair of grey sweats and his worn black FBI tee shirt. "Here, drink this, it's late." She says, looking at the time on her phone: 1135. Ressler nods and drinks half of his beer, grimacing at the undoubtedly weird taste of the sleeping pills mixed in with the alcohol. She watches as his eyes slowly start to close and his grip on his beer bottle falters.

"Damn you, Liz." Her partner slurs as he falls asleep on his couch. Liz smirks as she places a blanket over him and begins tidying up their mess. After putting her wine glass in the kitchen, throwing the beer bottles and the empty pizza boxes in the trash, turning the tv off, plunging Ressler's living room into darkness, Liz walks up to her "sleeping" partner and kisses him on the forehead.

"Goodnight, Ressler." She whispers to him before walking into his room and closing his bedroom shut. She smiles triumphantly  to herself as sleep overtakes her.

Donald Ressler knows his partner drugged him and knocked him out last night by crushing up sleeping pills in his beer: he could tell by the little bit of white powder on the rim of his bottle and the way  the alcohol tasted, he's supposed to be pissed, or at least angry, with Liz but he can't find it in him to be either of those emotions because she was worried about him and his sleeping habits. He woke up today feeling more relaxed and refreshed than he has been in a long time and that's thanks to his partner drugging him.

Maybe her drugging me can be a good thing. The agent thinks to himself as he sits up on his couch.

A/N: So the beginning of the story was written on my laptop which as behaving itself for a little bit until it wasn't. Anyway, my  Keenler muse is back, enjoy, Angels.