One

I ------am bullied.
Am ---mute.
Not ---loved.
Okay.

Ethan's POV

As I walked out of my house's front door, I silently sighed. I closed the door and trudged down the sidewalk, letting my mind wander. It was the first day of school, but just another day of being beaten.

I've been bullied and beaten all my life because I'm mute and different.

I was taken away from my real parents when I was 7, and experimented on in a lab; turned into some sort of Demon hybrid. They kept me in their facility for 5 years, doing more tests and stuff on me. While there I was taught things, like home-schooling in a way. 2 years after they first brought me there, they did something to my vocal cords which made it so I couldn't talk without extreme pain in my throat and coughing up blood, basically making me mute. Now, I was always quiet before getting taken away, but they changed that for the worse.

Then when I was 12, they finally labeled me as a 'Failed Experiment' and tried to kill me. They put me in an arena with a bunch of other failed tests, and tried to make us fight. A couple of the experiments were creeper hybrids that I had become friends with, and they suggested a plan that would get them killed, but hopefully get the rest of us out. Their plan was to all explode on one side of the wall, breaking it down, and as you could tell, it worked. It was both a sad and happy day for me.

After we escaped we all went our separate ways, and I managed to find an adoption center that would take me in. Of course, while I was there I hid my Demon horns and tail, except for the blue symbol on my left eye that curved down my neck. But to everyone that asks I tell them it's just a tattoo.

Then, a few weeks after they took me in, a guy adopted me. I had been so happy to finally get a home, and I thought that I would be accepted. I was wrong. Oh, so very wrong. Turns out his wife had just died when he adopted me, and he began drinking. While he was drunk he would beat me and call me names, tell me I was useless. But it was true. I'm a pathetic Demon hybrid that can't even talk...

I was snapped out of my thoughts by realizing I had reached the bus stop. Usually, I was the only person there, but this time there was a guy around my age, 17, standing facing the road, making me pause from walking. He was wearing a green shirt with a white collar, light gray pants and white shoes, a green backpack slung over his shoulders. The off thing about him was that he had a tan cloth over his right eye.

I continued walking to the stop, returning my stare to the ground, and halted at it, turning to face the road as well.

I felt him look at me but say nothing, creating an awkward silence. After a few minutes, the bus finally came and I got on, sitting down near the front, setting my black bag with little blue designs next to me. As I stared out the window, I saw out of the corner of my eye the new guy sit in the seat across from mine. My stop was one of the first few, so the bus wasn't very crowded.

As the bus went to other peoples' stops more people got on, calling me names as they passed to get to their own seats. Now on the last stop, a big guy got on, the one who picks on me the most. He sat down behind me, smiling evilly. Suddenly, he stood up and reached over the seat back, snatching my backpack roughly.

I turned around to grab it back with a frustrated look but he held it out of my reach, making some people look at us, even the new guy.

"Ha! Does the little tongue-tied baby want his bag back?" He taunted, making the people looking at us laugh. I saw out of the corner of my eye, the guy in the green shirt wasn't, but was sitting in slight shock. I guess he wasn't used to seeing the tormenting harassment.

I ignored him and focused on getting my bag back. But, instead of continuing to dangle it out of my reach, the bully tossed it to another person on the bus, and in turn, they tossed it to another person. Silently sighing, I sat back down in my seat, as I could do nothing.