•Chapter IV•

IV. Us Five Years Ago

Losing someone you love is sad. Believe me, I have experienced that. My brother is just sixteen years old and Stella has the same age as me. I am two years older. He is in the right age to court or like someone. I do not like the idea of my father matching me up 'til I saw him. I believed in my own sense, not others. I always believe that I am correctly accurate in all conversations just to make me more interesting.

I walk towards my brother's room as I am already thinking about what I should say without hurting him more. I am not good at heart to heart talks. I hope nothing goes incorrectly.

I knock on the door. "Alex. May I talk to you?"

"Get lost." Okay... That was, nevermind.

"Let me in." I said. I never forced my brother to do anything before. But, I hope he does let me in. Everything went silent for a few seconds 'til he opened the door. I saw his eyes swollen from all the crying. He hugged me and started weeping again. I cannot stand there and do nothing, so I embraced him back.

"You did not deserve that." I mumbled.

We entered his bedroom and we had a talk. I sat down at his bed as he stands in front of me. I had enough of Caesar. Does he even have heart?

"How did all of that happen? How did Caesar knew? I did not recall myself saying it to anyone?"

"No, you did not tell anyone about it. I was not being careful with my surroundings. Caesar saw us and reported it to father."

"Tell me how it happen."

"Stella and I were in the garden. I gave her orchids. Caesar happened to be there, drinking his fine wine. I swear, he never drinks water. But that is not the point, it is just bad luck. Caesar was there, I was careless around my surroundings. I begged for him not to tell but he had no mercy. He grabbed the flowers and stepped on them. I grew them, and all of the hard work was gone. Those were specially for Stella. I want her back. No... I need her back."

"I want Stella back as well. Love is not for everyone-"

"Are you saying that love is not for the both of us?!" He raised his voice at me.

"You did not let me finish. As I was saying... Love is not for everyone. But you both need to be together. I need a good love story for both of you. A good one, not a tragic one."

"How am I going to get her back? I have no power against father?" That made me thinking. We have no power against our father, unless...

"Can you wait for a month?"

"That long?"

"It's for Stella." I tempted.

"Fine. I might."

"If I stepped on the throne, I will let Stella back to the palace. I will let you love her more than the present."

"You would really do that for me?"

"Of course, you are my brother the last time I checked. I love you. I do not want anything to make you feel sad. As long it is possible, I will make it happen, I promise." He smiled at me. He stopped his crying.

I like making people smile. I have to stay true to that promise.

That's my mistake there. I made promises.

"Since you will still be grounded, I will tell you the latest gossip."

"Oh right, tell me. Now go! I want the gossip!"