𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

▌ 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄 sat alone underneath a tree. She was just watching the birds fly around the trees. She brushed off the dirt on her shirt as she took in the silence.

Soon, that moment of silence was ruined as she heard someone shouting, "Let me go!" Stephanie looked around to see who it was.

She saw a red-headed girl being dragged by her wrists that were tied up. She was being dragged over to the tree that Stephanie was sitting at.

"Before the witches' final breath, she found a way to cheat her death. By cutting off her wicked hand, she kept her grip upon our land! She reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her evil slaves. She'll take your blood, take your head, she'll follow you until you're dead!" The kids chanted.

It was Sheila and her friends. As they finally came up to the tree, Sheila said, "Move!". "And why should I when you are literally picking on other kids?" Stephanie retorted.

"Move bitch!" Sheila exclaimed. Stephanie finally gets up and moves out of the way.

"String her up." Sheila says. They tie her to the tree. The red-headed girl stood as her hands were tied. "No, stop it! Stop it! Stop!" The girl shouted.

"Ziggy?" Stephanie questions. She recognized Ziggy because of all of the trouble she has gotten into.

"Yep! It's the witch." Sheila said. "Sheila, you do realize I can kick you out for this?" Stephanie said.

"You wouldn't." The brown-haired girl replied with a sarcastic smile. "Oh, but I would." Stephanie says while giving her a glare.

"Let me down, you shits! Let me down!" Ziggy shouted as her nose bled.

Sheila went over to Ziggy and picked through her pockets. She pulled out ten dollars. "Well, well. What do we have here?" Sheila asked as she circled around the red-head.

"Damn thief!" Will shouted. "No. No, she's no thief. She's possessed by the witch. It's the only way to explain her psycho behavior!" Sheila says.

"Fuck you!" Ziggy shouts as she elbows Sheila in the face. Stephanie stands there with her arms crossed. She smiles at what Ziggy had done. She knew Sheila deserved it.

"Guess we're even now." Ziggy says as she grins at Sheila, being proud of what she just did.

"You know what they did to Sarah Fier, right?" Sheila asked. Sarah Fier was someone who was supposedly a which back in the 1600s. They believed she was the one who made Stephanie's sister into serial killer.

Stephanie didn't know what to believe about Sarah Fier. The only thing that Stephanie knew about what happened to her sister was that she killed seven friends at a party and that she killed herself that night, too.

Her mother had told her when she was 12. But when it actually happened, Stephanie was too young to understand what had happened.

"They hanged hanged her, at this very tree." Sheila continued. "She would've died forever if you do what you always do to witches. You burn them." Sheila said.

Stephanie had no idea what she was getting at, but she could tell it wasn't good. "Give me your lighter!" Sheila exclaimed as she gestured towards Will.

"What?" Will asked. "Give it to me!" Sheila shouted. "Woah, woah, woah, Sheila! What are you gonna do? Burn her to death!?" Stephanie shouted at Sheila in disbelief.

Sheila just ignored her. "Now, hold her legs." Sheila ordered after taking the lighter. "Sheila! Don't do it! It was only ten dollars! Stop being a bitch!" Stephanie shouted.

"Seriously, Sheila?" One of her friends asked. "Do it!" Sheila exclaimed.

"No, no, no! Stop it! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop!" Ziggy pleaded. Stephanie tried to run over to Sheila and take the lighter away from her, but Sheila's friend held her back.

"Let me go!" Stephanie exclaimed as she tried to get out of her grasp. "Shut up, you witch." Sheila said towards Ziggy.

"Sheila! You made your point." One of her friends said. "Don't! Don't!" Ziggy pleaded once more.

"Sheila, it was only ten bucks." Will stated. Sheila put the lighter up to Ziggy's arm. "Are we really gonna do this?" One of the girls asked.

Sheila had finally made the flame reach the red-heads arm. "Sheila!" Stephanie shouted.

They then all heard a whistle blow. "Shit! Will, it's your brother!" Sheila said. "The hell is this? Let her down!" Nick ordered.

"Nick, I can explain." Will said. "Let her down, Will! I swear to gosh, I'll tell mom!" Nick shouted.

Then, they let Ziggy fall to the ground, and they let go of Stephanie.

- - -

Stephanie stood in front of the group of kids as Kurt was pacing back and forth in front of the group.

"I went back to my cabin, the door was open. All my money was gone, and Ziggy was just sprinting away." Sheila explained.

"Because you were chasing me." Ziggy defended. "Ziggy! You talk when I tell you to talk." Kurt said.

Ziggy just rolled her eyes. "Did you see her take it?" Nick asked. "Everyone did." Will said.

"Well, that it, Berman. Five strikes. You're out." Kurt said. "Seriously, Kurt? They just tried to burn her to death!" Stephanie exclaimed towards Kurt.

"I'm out!?" Ziggy shouted. "Yeah. And to what Stephanie said, I'll deal with them. But first, get back to camp, call Mommy because you're done at Nightwing." Kurt said.

Ziggy looked at him in disbelief. "I didn't do it." Ziggy said. "Oh, yeah? Like you didn't set the camp flag on fire? Or let out the camp rabbits? Or graffiti the outhouse stalls?" Kurt asked.

"Kurt. It's not her fault. She's possessed by Sarah Fier." Sheila said as she gave a sarcastic smile towards Ziggy.

"Sheila! Don't say that!" Stephanie exclaimed. "Shut up! You're the one who's sister was a crazy psycho who was possessed. Maybe you're crazy too." Sheila said.

"I'm not crazy! My sister wasn't either!" Stephanie shouted. "Oh, you..." Ziggy exclaimed and started to run towards Sheila and try to punch her in the face, but Nick held her back.

"Hey, hey!" Kurt shouted. "We kick her out, somebody's gonna ask about the burn on her arm. Then who's in trouble? Huh?" Nick stated.

"Why don't we let this one slide?" Nick asked. "Alright. One more strike and you're out for real. You hear me, Berman?" Kurt said.

Nick let Ziggy go. "Being bossed around by a Goode. Wow, some things never change." Ziggy said. She then started to walk away.

Stephanie followed her. "Hey." Stephanie started. "Why don't I take you to my mom to get that checked out?" Stephanie asked.

"Nope, I'm just gonna let it get infected and die." Ziggy said. "Ziggy! This is serious. You need to get it checked out." Stephanie protested.

"Fine." Ziggy said annoyedly.

They then started walking towards the infirmary.