Prologue

[Name] stood at the top of the hill in the dark, the handle of a burnt-out lantern gripped tightly in her fingers. 

No one will ever love her like Mama. She didn't care what the other children said about her-- the older kids calling her a snitch, a mama's girl, bad luck; the younger kids calling her evil, mean, tempestuous.

She didn't need them. She never needed them, and she never will. She doesn't need their judgment, she doesn't need their hounding. 

She wants to destroy them, whether it be for not loving her, for treating her as an outcast, or whether it be from a small, buzzing itch in the back of her mind. [Name] had a natural talent for torment, a sadistically painful ache in her brain. An ache to kill, an ache to inflict. Like it was ingrained in her. 

Maybe one day, it will come back to bite her and she will reap what she sows. Maybe once day, she will face the hounds' judgment.

But today is not that day, and as she stares at her Mama bringing another child down to the gate, keeping a lookout, a wicked smile spreads across her face. 

She wants to destroy them-- and destroy them she certainly will. 

.•° ✿ °•.

haiiii :3 rewrite rewrite! don't expect me to update regularly