𝐈 - 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 ?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

1987.

It was a gloomy, rainy, afternoon in Japan.  Thunder struck as people wearing all black started walking forward on the grass as they held black umbrellas.
Behind them were four men who were holding a coffin. As the men walked, they were crying full tears in devastation. What they were holding, was one of the dear friends who sadly passed away during the trip in Egypt. His name was Noriaki Kakyoin.

Kakyoin got blown away by DIO's Stand. But Kakyoin had some dedication and ambition to stop DIO.
He sacrificed himself, only to find out the secret of The World, and helped others find out who have successfully defeated the evil vampire.
Along with the others who passed like Iggy and Avdol, who sacrificed to save their friends and to help stop DIO. It was a depressing time for the crusaders, but moved on.

Once the men got to the spot to bury Kakyoin, they placed down the coffin on the ground and walked back with the other people as they watched the priest give a speech.
As he spoke, the crowd was filled with sadness and were all crying tears as they sniffed.
Especially Kakyoin's parents. They were the loudest ones to cry the hardest. After what their son had to go through for having no friends, they thought Kakyoin simply ran away from home, not knowing nothing about the Egypt trip.
But after finding out Kakyoin didn't really run away, it got more tragic when they find out their son died in a dangerous trip in a different country.

Jotaro tipped his hat down to hide his emotions. It's not like he didn't care, he was absolutely devastated. He also felt really guilty, feeling it's all his fault for not being able to save Kakyoin.
During the trip, Jotaro and Kakyoin got along pretty well. You could call them best friends. They hung out, laughed, and fought alongside each other while fighting enemy Stand users. Jotaro really enjoyed his company. And now that he's gone...

Once the priest has finished his speech, the workers then picked up the casket with a construction machine and carefully place it in the whole where Kakyoin's grave will be. They then started to bury the casket.
Everyone watched in tears as Kakyoin gets buried while in the casket.
Once they were done, the crowd walked over to Kakyoin's grave to place down flowers.
Jotaro, his mother, and Joseph walked forward before setting down the bouquet of flowers.
Jotaro thought, 'It was great hanging out with you, Kakyoin. Even though we successfully defeated DIO, I still have my guilt because I never gave you a proper farewell.'

After a while, people from the funeral started taking their leave to go home.
Holly puts her hand on her son's shoulder. "We're going to miss your friend..."
Jotaro says nothing but lets out a soft "Mnm."
Despite Jotaro not saying anything, he really does miss his friend a lot. He wanted to scream on how much of a scum DIO is for killing Kakyoin.
"Kakyoin fought well." Joseph added. "He was brave, kind, strong, and smart boy."
"Yeah." Jotaro replied.
After some silence, Holly said, "Let's go home, Jotaro. You can come if you like, dad."
Joseph slightly smiled. "Sure thing! I'll gladly to come over to visit."

As they started walking, Jotaro puts his hand in his pocket as he started walking with his mother and grandfather.
With his hands in his pockets, he felt something in his pocket. In curiosity, Jotaro took out whatever that was in his pocket.
It was a pack of cigarettes. Jotaro needed to smoke right now because of the depressed state that he's in right now. But he can't light it right now because it's raining hard.
But he changed his mind after remembering a conversation with Kakyoin.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

While staying at a hotel with Kakyoin, Jotaro walked to the balcony to look at the view of the night sky. He then took out a cigarette before lighting it. As he placed the cigarette to his lips, he heard footsteps from behind.
"You know, you gotta stop smoking." Kakyoin said as he stood next to Jotaro on the balcony.
Jotaro side eyed Kakyoin and said nothing. He didn't care less and continued smoking.
"I'm serious, Jotaro!" Kakyoin said with worry. "You shouldn't be smoking at this age- no...you shouldn't be smoking at all! You could get lung damage!"
Jotaro scoffed. "Yeah Yeah, whatever. That's what everyone keeps telling me. "

Kakyoin sighed. "I'm worried about you, because you're my best friend. So please, don't damage your health..."
"..."
Jotaro stayed silent and stared at Kakyoin's beautiful purple eyes. Those were really worried eyes.
"Fine. You're so annoying. You know that, right?" Jotaro groaned as he put out the light from the cigarette and threw it away.
Kakyoin chuckled and put his elbow on the balcony railing while leaning his cheek on his hand.

The two stared at each other silently. Neither of them said anything, so it was getting pretty awkward. Breaking the silence, Kakyoin cleared his throat. "Soo, I was thinking...after we defeat DIO and go home, you wanna come over to my place to play some video games?"
Jotaro gave Kakyoin a little smile. "I would love to."
Kakyoin smiled back. "Great!"
Kakyoin stood back up and held up a fist to Jotaro. "You're such a great friend to hang out with, Jotaro."
"You too. You're great company, Kakyoin."
With that, Jotaro turned his hand into a fist and fist bumped Kakyoin.

Kakyoin yawned. "Well, I'm getting pretty tired. I'm going to bed."
"Hm." Jotaro said.
"Good night, Jotaro!" Kakyoin waved.
"Night."
Kakyoin then left to go grab his pajamas, but quickly peeked out to see Jotaro still standing on the balcony.
"Oh and by the way, you better not be smoking again! Or I'll beat you up with my Stand!"
Jotaro let out a small chuckle. "God dammit, Kakyoin."
Kakyoin smiled and then ran to the bathroom to change to his purple striped pajamas.

Jotaro walked to his bed and grabbed his pajamas as he waited for Kakyoin to get out of the bathroom.
While he waited, Jotaro thought, 'Kakyoin really cares for me...huh?'

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

A loud thunder clapped, interrupting Jotaro's flashback. Holly looked back and saw that Jotaro has stopped walking.
"Jotaro?" Holly questioned. "You coming?"
Jotaro scoffed. "I'm coming, bitch. Can't you wait?"
Holly grew a big smile. "Ok~!!"
Joseph grew a tick mark on his forehead. "Jotaro! What did I say about calling your mother that!! And Holly, how many times do I have to tell you to teach your son some manners?!"
"Ok~!!"

Jotaro groaned as he walked forward to catch up with his family.
As he thought about Kakyoin, he saw a nearby trashcan.
Once he got near it, he scoffed and threw his pack of cigarettes in the trash and continued walking with his mother and grandfather.

Little did they know, there was a strange man in a lab coat, watching the whole time from afar. He was watching the funeral go by earlier, and is planning something big, waiting for everyone to to leave...

 He was watching the funeral go by earlier, and is planning something big, waiting for everyone to to leave

『••✎••』

1196 WORDS