Prologue

Hello there.

This is a choose your own adventure book, but not a reader insert. There is an OC, who is gender-neutral, and it's told from their point of view.

I hope you enjoy!

I stood on the rock, overlooking the crystal clear lake. Rain fell from the sky, drenching me. 

Blue mist swirled in the air around me, surrounding the three doors of light in front of me. They were open, and seemed inviting, but I'd seen enough horror movies to know not to trust them.

I cautiously peered into each one.

The first one had fields of green with a few ruins scattering the plains. A tall castle rested past it, surrounded by water. Darkness churned in the air, and it sent shivers down my spine.

The second one was a black room with a red bed, and grey drapes covering the one window in the room. A stick rested on the table next to the bed.

The third one had bright white hallways that made my eyes hurt. There were no decorations, and the only other thing in sight was a doorway.

Should I go in it?

No.

That would be stupid.

But still... they called to me.

As if in a trance, I walked through one of them.

Which door did they walk through?

If you picked one, go straight to the chapter labeled golden light.

If you picked two, go straight to the chapter labeled red light.

If you picked three, go straight to the chapter labeled white light.

Author's note: If you're reading this note, I haven't published the next parts. That's because I haven't written the next parts. When they're ready, I'll delete this note. I just wanted to get this part out.

Next parts will hopefully be coming out soon!