Under The Stars

The sun set across the vast desert of Mars, emitting a lush magenta hue throughout the planet. The rich blue night sky began to creep up behind the setting sun as the moons became more visible. A gentle breeze cascaded through the sands as night fell.
Two Martians; a royal guard and a soldier; wander through the desert, scouting the area as ordered, as they both take notice of the night rolling in. The royal guard halted in place, admiring the dawn as the stars glew brightly. The soldier continued forward before stopping place, turning to see the royal guard has not followed him for a few feet. The soldier made his way back to the royal guard, curious as to what caught her attention.
"...The night is very lovely this time of year," the royal guard let out a soft, serene sigh. "I wish all nights were so beautiful."
"I recall you mentioning that last time we were out past curfew," the soldier replied with a snarky tone.
"Well, Marvin, maybe I felt like reiterating," the royal guard playfully teased. "Besides... you are worse than I am with this sort of thing.
"Hmph," Marvin sighed with slight annoyance. "Rather cold of you to say, Mary."
"You know I say it with admiration," Mary chuckled softly. "Don't be huffy, you tease me just as much."
"...I am not huffy."
"Very well," she held his hand, pulling herself closer to him. "But you are being adorable."
Marvin was unable to have any words come out as his face flushed red, letting out a quiet groan shortly after. Mary chuckled a little harder, grabbing hold of his other hand as she pulled in closer.
"I find your bashfulness rather charming," Mary gleefully said with a gentle voice. "You should not feel ashamed of showing that side of you."
"I am not ashamed...," Marvin trailed off, looking away as his cheeks grew more red. "I just find it...embarrassing."
"Would it be less embarrassing knowing only I ever see you this way?"
"...Perhaps?"
Mary let out a hardly chuckle, letting go of his hands as she broke out in laughter, clinging to her sides. Marvin blushed harder while crossing his arms.
"What is so amusing?" Marvin grumbled.
"I'm sorry!" Mary laughed. "You just-," she failed to finish her sentence as she continued to laugh. "Sorry! Sorry!"
Marvin let out a sigh while her laughter continued. He gazed at her with serenity, her laugh making it difficult for him to feel anything but bliss. He let out a little chuckle as she caught her breath.
"What am I going to do with you?" Marvin asked with a soft tone. "You can hardly stand after a simple laughing fit."
"I assure you, Marvin," Mary collected herself. "I won't let even a laughing fit stop me from...well anything."
"You don't even know what I am talking about, do you?"
"Honestly...no," her shoulders hunched in embarrassment. "Enlighten me."
"Nah," Marvin shook his head. "There is no reason to," he leaned down to her eye level. "I like to keep you guessing."
"You tease!" Mary gently pushed him away as her face turned a little red. "You're ambitious today."
"Oh? And you aren't everyday?"
"I only am because I like you."
Marvin blushed hard at her statement. The two turn their heads to face opposing directions, both red in the face while standing in awkward silence.
"Would you...like for me to walk you home?" Marvin asked shyly. "It is getting late."
"...I would be honored," Mary answered softly. "But...uhmmm...," her face became even more flushed with red. "...Could we stay a little longer? I...enjoy seeing the stars more with you than when I am alone."
"...Of course."
"...Thank you," Mary held Marvin's hand as she pulled herself closer. "...Are you okay? You're hand is shaking."
"I-I'm fine," Marvin stammered. "I just...," he let out a somber sigh. "It's embarrassing to admit but...I never had anyone...want to be around me," he pressed his palm against his face in shame. "Hhhhhhh...I said it."
Mary gently grabbed his other hand, her eyes meeting his.
"Marvin...," she said softly. "I will always want to be around you. You help me feel...safe. I enjoy any time I get to have with you," she let go of his hands to hold him close in a warm embrace. "You deserve to be wanted...and I hope I can give you that."
"...Thank you," Marvin embraced her back. "I hope to do the same for you."
Mary pulled back a little to look up at Marvin. She moved her hands to have her arms wrap around his neck as she stood on her toes, pulling him in for a kiss. Marvin's face became fully red while the plume on his helmet puffed out at the same time. Mary pulled back, her face red and hot, her shoulders hunched upward as she sunk into his arms.
"Heh..." she could only let out an embarrassed squeak. "S-Sorry about that. I got carried away, huh?"
Marvin shook his head to come back to his senses.
"No," Marvin pulled her closer. "I...I would not be against doing it...more."
"Really?" Mary blushed hard as she softly laughed. "I...I would love to. I-If you-"
"I want to."
"...Then what's stopping us?"
Mary pulled Marvin close, the two embracing each other as they kissed under the moonlight.
Lost in their own world for the remainder of the night.

End