Play Date

The doorbell rang, Jessica sauntered over to open it.

"Hiiiii!" Both girls said in unison. Christina was smiling ear to ear as her and Jessica embraced on the front porch. Kyle wasn't smiling at all as he stood there, shifting his weight and his eyes from side to side. Hoping no one was noticing his outfit while he waited to be invited inside.

"Come on in!" Jessica said, and Kyle made an audible sigh of relief as he scooted inside. His pink, frilly dress fluttered as he zoomed through the threshold. Christina immediately snapped her fingers and gave him a stern look. Kyle must have known exactly what that meant as he dropped onto his hands and knees. She smiled, and turned her attention back to Jessica who handed her a Mimosa.

"The others are in the other room!" Jessica said, and her and Christina sauntered into the living room, Kyle crawling clumsily behind with a noticeable crinkle.

"Hellooo!!!" Tiffany said, jumping off the couch to greet them, being careful not to spill her own Mimosa. She gave Christina a hug and bent down to address Kyle.

"Well aren't you just the cutest wittle thing!!" She cooed, pinching his cheeks that were now the same shade of pink as his dress. Kyle said nothing, just hung his head in shame.

"Awwww!! What's that frown for??" Tiffany teased, "Do you wanna go pway with your fwiends??" She asked in a condescending Mommy tone. Kyle just shrugged, but apparently Tiffany took that as a 'yes'. Leading him over to the playpen.

It was a large wooden boundary near the edge of the enormous living room. It resembled a jail cell with the way the bars were. But it only stood about 3 feet high. It wasn't enough to keep a grown man in or out, but it was enough to make a grown man feel pathetic.

Tiffany opened the gate, letting him crawl onto the rubber play mat inside. There were already two others inside the pen. A man probably around Kyle's age dressed in a white dress laced with pink, and another probably 10 years their elder dressed in a blue onesie with cartoon dinosaurs all over it.

Both had pacifiers in their mouths that matched their outfits. The one in the dress was pretending to play with blocks while the other rolled a tiny truck around. The three 'babies' made eye contact momentarily, then quickly looked away. Probably feeling both awkward and embarrassed, despite all being in the same predicament.

"So what's been going on with you??" Tiffany asked Christina after she closed and locked the pen. They all sat down on the couch and started chatting, leaving the babies to 'play' in the pen.

Kyle looked around for something to occupy his time. He ended up grabbing a little toy phone with wheels on it that you could pull by a string. Except the string was wrapped around one of the axles. He tried to unwind it but it was too tight, practically knotted. So he brought it to his mouth and used his teeth to try and wiggle it free.

"Kylie NO!" he heard behind him. And sure enough, his wife Christina was stomping over to him and grabbing the toy. "We do NOT put toys in our mouths! You could choke!" She scolded him as if he were a toddler. Reaching into her purse and pulling on a ribbon. There was a pink pacifier attached to the other end. She quickly clipped it on the hem of his dress, and plopped the pacifier shaped like a tiny penis into his mouth.

Christina went back to the couch to join the other girls, who were carrying on conversation as if nothing were happening. "Well...Benny sure has been putting a very particular toy in his mouth!" Jessica laughed, sipping her Mimosa. "At least an hour a day he's in the corner practicing on the rubber dildo..."

The girls laughed and had more to say and questions to ask, the 'boys' in the pen tried to tune it out.

"How are things going with you and Marcus?" They asked Christina.