1 - New Academic Year

The sun awoke behind the school, its rays shining as bright as Mr. Lorenzo's smile. It was the start of a new academic year. This was his first time becoming the principal in "Global Allives."

"Feels amazing to finally be the head of the school - I have a lot of plans for these students!" He spoke to himself in excitement.

Click!

Mr. Lorenzo turned back and saw Ms. Solar walking in and exchanging smiles with her.

"...Well, it's rare to see someone here before me. Good morning, and congrats on becoming principal, Sir!" Ms. solar greeted.

Mr. Lorenzo chuckled in return, "Haha, thank you, good luck with your new batch of students."

"So, how do you feel?" Ms. Solar asked.

"I'm really excited for this year! In August, there's gonna be a festival, and in September, we're gonna have a fashion show, and...!"

"Woah, woah, slow down, and you can surprise us with your genius ideas later; I'm sure all the students will be excited having a new principal," she calmed him down.

"Ahaha, true... I should save my energy for today's morning speech."

*

It was the first morning assembly, and the students all gathered in the gym for a welcoming speech delivered by their new principal, Mr. Lorenzo.

He first was nervous, but this wasn't his first time becoming principal, so he straightened his posture, fixed his clothes and hair, and gave himself a genuine smile, happy enough to brighten up all the children's moods.

Each step he took made him realize:

"I am the principal, I'm in charge of everything, I have to be great, be great for all my students!"

"Good morning, students," he greeted. "I am Mr. Lorenzo and I will be your principal starting this academic year!"

The audience all applauded, each with beaming grins or laughs and giggles from the younger kids.

*

Mr. Lorenzo went backstage to rest on a couch right under the ac, which cools him down after a long but meaningful speech that he presented to all his students.

Knock knock!

It was Ms. Solar, slowly opening the door, holding a paper bag, which appeared to have a Starbucks logo.

"Hellooo, hope I'm not disturbing you... great job, by the way, sir. I bought us some drinks so we could chit-chat."

"Oh, thanks! But you didn't need to, you know!" He thanked jokingly.

Ms. Solar sat down comfortably, right next to him, handing him a cold vanilla drink for the hot summer season.

"It's almost dusk. Are you sure you don't wanna go home?" A worried Mr. Lorenzo asked.

"No, it's fine. I like going out at night, it feels... more comforting, or is it just me, haha!" She replied.

"I'm more of a morning person. Most people hate waking up early, but I just looove when I wake up to sunshine on my face every morning - it's quite refreshing," he stated.

They continued their conversation until the clock struck 7. It was 3 hours of chatting, laughing, and giggling. It was their first time hanging out for such a long period of time, ignoring the fact that they both have tons of work to finish and do by that week.

"Woah, I have a lot of papers to mark tomorrow... I should go now," Ms. Solar declared.

"Alright, goodbye..!"

Ms. Solar smiled before shutting the door, making Mr. Lorenzo feel... something.

He sighed, "I wish she stayed." Before acting on his impulses...

*

CRASHH!!!

There was a thunderstorm, Mr. Lorenzo quickly grasped onto the nearest umbrella and started leaping through the puddles of raindrops. Not caring about his expensive clothes or his belongings being wet, all he cared about... was her.

Slowly, after racing through the thunder, he could see Ms. Solar in the distance, hiding behind the lavender haze. She was under a bus stop, reading a book peacefully, blending in with the midnight rain.

"Ms, I'm so glad you're fine; I thought you were in the rain somewhere!"

"Are you okay?! You look drenched in water!" she worriedly asked.

Mr. Lorenzo squeezed out the remaining water in his shirt and sat down next to Ms. Solar, smiling at her awkwardly.

"As long as you're fine, I am too."