33. seals our fate

˚ · • . ° .

𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗧, everyone at the party spotted us, and now they're screaming my name like some crazy fans. 

they're my friends, and i can't help but let out a loud cackle. 

nick comes up to us and drags me away from his brother, telling him there's something we need to talk about in private. 

he leads me to one of the bathrooms in the warehouse, where the music isn't so loud. "YOU DID WHAT?" the boys screams, closing the door. 

i sit down on the floor, nick joining me, and i bury my face in my hands in embarrassment. "we made out?" i say, but it comes off more like a question than an affirmation. 

nick laughs. "i can't believe i caught you." his eyes widen. 

i bury my face in my hands again. "it was so embarassing, nick!" i exclaim, mortified. 

he chuckles loudly. "but i mean, as embarassing as getting caught is, you are dating, so i don't see the problem. even if you guys's relationship is really weird to understand." he says, a smile matching a confused look on his face.

i decide i'm going to tell him now, because he needs to know, and i need some counseling.

"here's the thing, nick. it's fake." i tell him.

he gapes at me while i explain everything with louis and the whole 'gossip girl' thing that really gave us an opening to do it and be believable.

"WHAT??" he asks when i'm done.

i smile weakly. "yeah..." i make a face.

nick puts his hands up, signaling for me to hold on. "wait a minute. so you guys kissed like three times, and then he brought you to his secret hiding place, you kissed again, and then this gossip girl person posted it, and that's when louis started texting you and threatening you?" he asks, and i nod.

"and then you agreed to fake date to keep that asshole away from you?" he asks, his tone raising in anger.

"yeah." i say, sadly.

nick goes on. "but then you kissed again today, and then you made out because why not?" he questions, furrowing his brows in confusion.

i smile. "basically, yeah. and it wasn't even to keep up appearances or anything, it was just pure desire. he kisses me once and then i feel like i need more." i say helplessly.

nick flashes me a full fledged grin. "sounds like our little bella has a crush." he chuckles

i shake my head quickly and repeatedly. "nope. no. i am not accepting that." i put my finger up at nick.

he laughs loudly. "you didn't hear it from me, but he very obviously has a crush on you. like a real crush, not just for the fake dating thing."

"you think so?" i ask, doubtful.

he nods. "i know so. he told me and chris when the gossip girl post came out, he said he really did like you, and that it hadn't been a fluke for him."

nick pauses.

"but he didn't know if it had been one for you."

i drop my head into my palms, sighing. "oh my god. it must've hit him so hard when i asked to fake date and he really wanted to." i realise.