•Chapter IX (1)•

IX. Exiled Away

Life is not fun without the ones you truly love. My mother... My brother... And my love.

Caesar was still not clean. My father was suspicious of him so he has two guards always at his back.

-

Astrapi (Capital of Vronti)

A day later, Bane enters their castle... It was a very long travel. The castle, it was well decorated...

In their great hall, the king and queen were sitting on the thrones. They were surprised and confused why Bane was sent back so early.

"Darling. Why are you back? Aren't you supposed to be back in a few weeks?" The queen questioned.

"Queen Eleanor... I was sent back."

Queen Eleanor of Vronti was Bane's step mother. His biological mother died.

"Sent back? What do you mean?" His biological father,
King Gabriel V.

If you are probably wondering why Bane is not named Gabriel or somesort... His older brother is the sixth one in their family... Sadly, he died.

"I have been sent back for I was framed of murder. I was framed... Framed of killing Prince Alexander Lumiere himself. It was Caesar Denouement, I would never physically hurt a soul!" Bane exclaimed. His anger is still in him. It seems to not go away.

"Caesar was rumoured to have killed some people through poison."

"Not helping, father."

"I apologize... What exactly did Caesar do?"

"He killed him... He was supposed to shoot me out of jealousy because I get to marry Arabella and not him. Alexander took cover for me with his body so he got shot by a bullet. Caesar used his high status against mine so the king did not stand a chance." Bane complained.

"Oh dear, what can we do?" Eleanor said out of pity.

"There is nothing! Absolutely nothing you can do! I cannot see the love of my life anymore, I have been framed of murder, I have been bullied by the duke, I have become enemies with the Denouement prince, and Arabella will be married off to Ataraxia's prince. Not me..." Bane yelled.

"Do not be rude to her. Answer nicely." The king scolded.

"Why would I care? She is not my biological mother!" He stormed out and went to the library. Eleanor scoffed in utter shock.

"Elen, I am pretty sure Bane did not mean what he said."

"You need to control your son's words. Yes, he has rumors of being very angry, but he cannot do that to me!" Eleanor complained.

-

Today... It is my dear brother's funeral. I never wanted to be standing in front of his coffin.

I came into my father's room for some attention and a plan to destroy Caesar's reputation.

"Father."

He looked up to me...

"I am reading the newspaper... Why aren't you ready yet? Your brother will be buried in four hours."

"Bane did not kill my beloved brother. Caesar did."

"Hold on... How could you be so sure?"

"Trust me. I have proof."

-

I entered Caesar's room, alone. I walked on him... Drinking bottles of alcohol. Not wine this time... It is literally morning, he had three bottles already.

"What do you want, Miserable Woman?" He said drunkily.

"Don't call me that!"

"What do you want, Dragon Tamer?"

"Neither that!"

"Fine... What do you want, Bella?"

Took him a lot of tries to get it right. We known each other for five years... Or unless, he is drunk from all the alcohol. What a drunkard!

"I know you killed Alexander."

He stood up as he smiled.

"You know, I may be drunk, but I do not know what you are talking about? Bane was exiled so he took your brother's life."

"You killed my mother and my brother. I know poisoning Bane was not done by Esmeralda."

"I hate the way that you are smarter than Alexander, Bella. He is known for being the clever prince."

"Stop changing the topic. Now, tell me. Why did you kill Alexander?" I said aloud.

"To be fair, I was supposed to kill Bane but Alexander covered him. Sadly, Bane did not die from the poison."

That made me angry. My eyes are fueling with anger.

"Father. You got your evidence..."

"Huh?" Caesar said.

My father came inside the room, he was listening from outside. Good thing I did not close the door.

Caesar is in genuine shock.

My father seemed numb all the way...

"Caesar. If you were not a Denouement, I would have ordered to execute you. Be happy for your name. You will be banished. I am sure your parents will understand this situation. Now leave."

Caesar has been defeated. Well, I guess so. Exaltation is the only thing I feel.

There was a rule made by Denouements. They will be punished but never death. The heaviest punishment was banishment.

Hours later, Caesar left. I am free. But Bane is not here beside me. I will be attending to my beloved brother's funeral. What a fun and sad day. I wish to curl up like a ball and just roll around and cry.

I need to eventually tell Stella this... Though it might hurt her. She does not deserve this pain but I cannot hide it forever. She will eventually find out.