•Chapter XI•

XI. Hidden Telegram, Ceremony

Hidden Telegram

(Astrapi, Capital of Vronti)

With the day passing on, by now, the funeral is over. What more can I do? Days passing by without her by my side. Ever since I met her, life was interesting. Without her, it is not entertaining. What to do? I could venture the town? That seems like a good idea.

"Father, I am heading out." I said to him, sitting on his chair in the dining room, reading the latest newspaper.

"I do not mind."

"I did not need your permission. I am just saying I am heading out." Then I left. He just stared at me like I commited murder. Looking at me as I walk away.

(Working Class District, Astrapi, Capital of Vronti)

Venturing the town. I never saw the town this sandy. With dust getting in my eyes, I cannot see properly. It is also quite loud for people are bargaining for food. Aren't we the richest country in our continent? Yes, I am in the "poorest" district, but... I never expected this to be dirty. Last time I was here it was perfect. Nice environment, beautiful and spotless floors. What has happened?

I walk as I look around. Seeing what I can find to help me entertain other than the bookshops I always see. Ambling is all I do. I see women... Women whispering to each other looking at me with their eyes in a flirty way. I am not comfortable with that.

"Look at the prince!" A woman whispered to another. "He looks handsome don't you think?"

A woman... Older, around the age of forty-nine. She is probably the mother of those younger women.

"Do not. He is rumored to be furious all the time." Said the older woman.

I stopped right in front of them... A few meters away but in front of them. I turn my head to them at a calm and relaxed look. To be honest, I tried my best to look as kind as I can... But it does not seem possible, don't you think.

The women looked at me, blushing as they whisper to one another.

"He looked at me!" Said the woman. I felt uncomfortable so I left and ignored them as I rolled my eyes. I do not mind if Arabella said that though, of course, she is... "Technically"...my lover.

That day. The day when our lips presses onto each other.
I feel lonely, regardless the presence of my parents. What have they even done to me? Were they good?

I saw a servant. Throwing papers onto the trash. Why there? I mean, it is a public trash can open to all people. But we throw our personal garbages in our own can... Is my father hiding anything from me...?

"Stop!" I yelled as I approached the servant. The citizens looked at me in an instant, disturbing their daily works.

I turn around to them, "What?!" I yelled very, very furiously. "A prince cannot show antagonistic reactions to his servants?! Return back to your works or you shall recieve retribution!!"

The citizens were startled and immediately return back to their jobs.

The servant behind me was scared that he was modarately walking backwards... Away from my thunderous angry.