•Chapter XII•

XII. In The Second Life

In the second life, I want to be with Bane. Probably in a high school. Laughing. We will be high school sweethearts. The best couple in school. Won't that be nice?

In my white dress, along with the veil on my head. I sat on the bed, playing with my hands.

I heard a knock on my door. I stood up immediately. It was my father.

"Father."

"I came to check up on you."

"You are not the only one." I said. "Julian entered minutes ago."

"Really?"

"Yes. The same reason why you are here."

He came closer to me, "Are you happy? You are going to get married."

You think?

"What do you think... Father? I was supposed to marry Bane."

"It is for the finance of our country." He said.

"Bane is much more wealthy than Ataraxia and Denouement combined. He is perfect. He loves me, I love him." I said aloud, releasing my anger in the 'kindest' way. "So why not him? You heard the evidence from Caesar himself. So why not the one I love and the one literally fits the description you want for me perfectly?" Hah! I remembered this. "He is the one I want, he wants me, his name is clean, he is a royal and not a commoner, he is extremely wealthy... What else do you want, father?" I sniveled

"He is amazing, I know. You like him, I respect that."

"Then what is stopping you, father?"

"The public knows... The public knows that Alexander is dead and Bane is the one who killed them. Caesar also ordered for his reputation not to be ruined."

"You are seriously going to let that man stop what your daughter wants and what the country needs? I do not want to marry Julian!"

"It is for the country. It would be worse if we did not follow the Denouement prince's orders, we will be executed."

"If I was a father, or a mother, I would give my child anything, even if it means death. I sent a letter to the king of Vronti. I hope he answers before the ceremony." I cried. Literally releasung tears from my eyes.

"You did what?" Yelled the father.

Sorry to say, he never replied to me.

-

(Denouement Palace)

"Daniel," Said Caesar. "Fetch me a horse. I am going to the wedding."

"But, my lord, you are not invited."

"I would do anything. Anything just to claim Arabella mine. She is mine, no one else. Not that petulant Julian!" He yelled. "They are all just pawns in my own chess board. Even if I have to kill officials, I will and will checkmate my opponents."

"Whatever you wish, my lord."

Daniel is really obedient. Obeys everything what Caesar tells him too.

-

Orchestra plays. The never ending, Pachelbel's Canon
in D. It is an interesting, yet boring pieve of music. It is always played. I rather listen to some Brahms or something.

From the window, I see tons of noblemen entering and sitting down, waiting for the wedding.

My eyes look kind of pinkish.
I am looking for a certain someone... Where is Josephine? She can comfort me the same way Stella does, right? Even if she cannot, she is still my friend. Her appearance and embrace can make me feel comfortable.