part 1

In a world of both tradition and modernity, where appearance often takes center stage, some cherish fair skin and slim figures, while others value different qualities. Here unfolds the tale of five friends - Leila, Zahrah, Samira, Salma, and Aisha. In this world, where societal standards of beauty vary, their lives were heavily influenced by this fixation on outward looks.

From childhood, Leila, Zahrah, Samira, Salma, and Aisha were inseparable. They shared not only their dreams and secrets but also the heavy burden of societal expectations. Each of them grappled with unique struggles related to body image, which often led to deep feelings of inferiority.

Leila's journey was particularly arduous. She faced relentless comments about her dark skin, which left her feeling like an outcast, alienated from her peers. In her desperate quest to fit in, she tried to change her skin tone, but these efforts only led to more criticism and backlash from those around her.

Zahra's path was strewn with obstacles as well. She battled her weight and contended with persistent acne issues, constantly taunted by classmates and peers. Her self-esteem took a beating, and she embarked on a frustrating quest for a slimmer figure, experimenting with pills and injections. But all she found was disillusionment and self-loathing. Every day, she grappled with an inferiority complex, bearing the torment inflicted by bullies.

Samira, despite her adulthood, felt trapped in a world that ridiculed her petite and slender frame. Relentless teasing from both peers and neighbors made her feel like a child and slowly eroded her self-esteem.

Salma, on the other hand, possessed stunning beauty that drew attention wherever she went. Yet beneath her outward charm lay a constant fear. She worried that her beauty was the only reason for the attention she received, fearing that any change might strip her of everything she held dear.

Aisha's journey was equally complex. Growing up in a conservative household, she grappled with the restrictions of her hijab, fearing it made her appear less attractive. This insecurity led her to secretly change her outfit once outside her home, hoping to blend in and catch someone's eye. She believed that guys wouldn't approach her due to her modest attire. Yet, despite her efforts to conform, she continued to feel unnoticed and grappled with an ever-growing sense of inferiority.