CHAPTER 7 " hurt"

After the tragic initial,The overwhelming wave of grief and regret flooded Tears from Vaellas pale violet eyes, she could remember everything clear as day, it had only Been a week but but she thought of her screams and stiflied cries.

She remembered choosing her son Maelor whom had just turned 7 months  of age,the men held the knife and laughed,that evil grin on his face and the nod,Blood drew his sword through the back of Prince Gaemons neck, the blade out the font of his throat.

Vaella"s face face broke again with the resurfaced image,she took a few weak breaths before getting up,she approached the her bedside table, a dagger layer hidden.

Overwhelmed with regret,no good mother or Queen would ever choose their son to die. She put the dagger to her throat,the light shined on the blade,inches away from slicing her neck,she took a step back and swag the blade.

"Vaella?" Her head whipped around,nearly losing her balance as she saw him enter the room.

"Aemond?" She whispered,dropping the dagger on the floor.

"Vaella,what are you doing? I heard some noises and came here,Aemonds face betrayed his fear,and vaella suddenly felt more guilt overwhelm he,as she remembered the genuine connection they shared.

"Aemond,you should leave,you shouldn't be here....you would not understand what i- I've done,o- or" aemond reached for her,pulling her away as he glimced the dagger on the floor.

"Don't tell me to leave,What were you thinking?" Was all he said,Vaella knew he was angry she whispered" I've done something horrible you don't understand" Aemond tilted his head in confusion.

Her eyes were teary,"Vaella,please talk to me. wheres Aegon?" She ignored him   she muttered something under her breath," Vaella,tell me now,or I'll have my mother lock you in her chambers, the mention of his mothers chambers made her burst into tears again.

Her legs buckled once again,she clutched Aemonds shoulders as he slowly lowered her to the floor, she looked up at his one eye and kissed his cheek trying to get the thought of Gaemons face out of her mind.

"It's okay,You're okay,my love,Vaella I'm here" he looked down at her,where is bloody Aegon,he should be here" his voice filled with anger,That her husband wasn't here to comfort her in her own chambers

"It's okay,Aemond"...her voice was barely above a whisper,hoarse from all of the crying," Aemond,I can't do this right now," she muttered.

"What do you mean Vaella,?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Gaemon is..Dead" she muttered.

"...what?"

"He's gone,There were two men- your mother was there- they threatened Gael- I said they could kill Baelon- Aemond, I sentenced Baelon to die- I didn't- I couldn't-there was so much blood-" Her flurry words were drowned out by Aemond crushing her body to,his chest. When he spoke she could hear the sadness he usually hid under thick layers of confidence and aggression.

"Shh...I'm sorry,I'm so sorry. You don't have to say anymore. You don't...I should have been there,I could have protected you. Aegon should have been there for you." He muttered.

"He does not put the children to sleep,he would not be there," Vaella defended her husband,as she has done for years,even though she loved Aemond she still cared deeply for Aegon.

Aemond sat not muttering a word with her for a moment,and then exhaled slowly,Vaella felt acutely as her head leaned against his chest.

"Your to good a soul to sentence anyone to death,"Aemond whispered into her ear.

" I did, I told them to kill Baelon,only they killed Gaemon instead," she spoke quietly,unwilling to disturb the soft sanctuary they had created in eachothers arms. "They told me pick one or they'd her Gael. I didn't know what to do," her eyes became wet again.

She let the tears roll down her cheek into Aemonds nightshirt. He brushed them off her other cheek with his hands before kissing her forehead.

"This is..my fault, my stupidity costed you your sons life," " im sorry I hurt you vaella, I-.." he stuttered.

"Nonsense,this is daemons ambition and desperation to get back at your family,however I paid the price" she replied.

"He will eventually come after you... and kill thousands trying" she whispered.

"Let him,you think I care about them? What does a dragon care about the sheep it controls,he had your son killed for my actions,let him coward away at dragonstone" he muttered.

Vaella almost smiled at his words, as the hour of the wolf crept she finally closed her eyes and fell asleep.