Chapter 1

Flashback

I was on my senior year, one week before graduation.

And I am in girl's restroom in our school,

I stared in my reflection and smiled of the thought of seeing my one and only love.

I brushed off some strand of my wavy black hair.

I know most of the people judge me, they said that it was just infatuation and I was still young, but I just brush them off.

As long as he is with me and we are both happy, I don't care what they say.

I am on my way to the hallway where the lockers are designated

I saw him. I quickened my pace to reach faster on his spot.

His back was on me and I tapped his shoulder.

"Hey sweetheart! Have you been waiting?" I said in a sweet voice

He finally faced me and there's something wrong in his expression.

"Uh, Hi sweetheart. No, I just got here too." He said and kissed me on my cheeks, making my insides warm. He is so sweet.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's go home!" I said as I cling on his arm and started to walk to the parking lot.

But he didn't budge.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I watched his expression

We were quite for a few minutes and this is making me nervous, he's usually sweet and asks if how was my day.

But today was different and anxiety is eating me.

"Is something wrong? Are you okay? You can te-" I was stopped in my blabbering when he drop the bomb that will change everything we built.

"I- I'm breaking up with you.." He said in a low voice

I felt like I became a deaf after I heard those five words, THAT FIVE FUCKING WORDS! For goodness sakes! It felt like he shot me with a shotgun straight in my heart. He's going to forget what we had for three years?!

I just stand there waiting for him to say it was a prank or some sick joke.

But it didn't came.

"Didn't you hear me? I'm breaking up with you Jodie." He shook my shoulders lightly.

But I stood there unmoving. Lump of bile started to rise in my throat and my eyes started to water but I controlled myself from breaking down.

"Di-did I do s-something wrong? We can f-fix this right?" my voice quivering

"This is a joke r-right?" I said as I laugh nervously and trying to ask a question more to myself.

"Listen. I-I'm not a perfect man for you-" He said in a sad tone

"I'm not even expecting you to be one! I just want you to be true to me, to yourself and to everyone!" I said as my anger started to rise.

"Just listen, I am not perfect for you, I can't even make you happy enough. I seldom take you to date. You see, I can't even have a formal time to be with you. I need to find myself, I just realized that, I think people around us are right. We are too young to think of love." He said in a soft tone, like he was afraid to even come near me as if I'm going to crumble.

I stood shock and I opened my mouth but closed it, I couldn't find words. I thought he was with me and going to fight against the world with me. But when he spoke those horrible phrases, My head started to ache with the many in formations that I can't sink in my head.

But if he really wants this, then I can't just be a desperate girl and will be begging on my knees for him to stay with me.

"Is that it?" I said in monotone.

he was about to answer, when I stopped him.

"Well, I RESPECT your decision or what so ever you want it to be called." I really emphasized the RESPECT for him to understand that I am not going to be a crazy girl over him. If he don't want me why would I force myself to him?

~

Present

I was on the bus on the way to my hometown.

It was our summer vacation and I am so delighted to have a break with the stress in college,

I texted my little sister that I am nearing to the bus stop,

And yes, I have a little sister, she's younger by one and half year.

I peered at the window and as if on cue the bus stopped on the bus stop where my destination is.

I excitedly grabbed my two travel bags and a small purse.

I saw my sister and she was talking to a guy, the guy's back was facing in my direction

And my sister is facing at me.

I approached her,

"Hey Ezra," I smiled a little at her, well I could say that I am not that good big sister.

What could I say? I hate faking.

"Hey sis" She beamed at me.

"Oh! By the way! This is Alf, my boyfriend." She said in ecstatic tone and the guy next to her turned to greet me.

He is tall and His back was just familiar. I just brushed that off and met the eyes of the guy.

I stood there frozen and stared at the guy who I thought would never see again. And worst in this unfortunate setting of this stupid destiny.

I never thought that one day I would meet the guy that made my walls tumbling down and crashed the three year relationship.

I noticed that, that he's shocked as I am.

I cleared my throat and composed my emotions.

"Hi, I'm Jodie. I'm Ezra's older sister, nice to meet you." I said in monotone and He was shocked to register what I'm trying to do.

"Uh Hey, nice to meet you" He smiled and offered his hand but I just pretended that I didn't noticed his awaiting hand and left it there.

"Enough with the introductions, now let's go!" said my overly excited sister and held hands with her boyfriend.

I walked behind the when we reached a slick black Ford Ranger.

Alf helped me with my bags and placed it at the back of the car.

I was on the backseat of course and the COUPLE sure is inseparable.

I didn't pay attention to them as I felt the wound two years ago opened and the day when I lose the girl that is not me anymore. The memories two years ago came rushing back like it was just yesterday.

I leaned to the cool glass window and closed my eyes and welcomed the darkness.