◘Lifeguard - Atsumu x Reader◘

"good morning everyone, my name is y/n l/n, and i'll be the lifeguard today. please remember to always be careful when in the pool. no running, no horseplay, and only one person on the diving board at a time!" you yelled, before sitting down in the lifeguard chair, sighing. being a lifeguard was pretty much your only job choice in your field. you're on the swim team for inarizaki high school, and wanted to do something along the lines of that. its a hard job, having to watch over either small children, or complete idiots.

"oh miss y/n~" you closed my eyes, hearing the voice. an example of one of the idiots: miya atsumu. or perhaps the entire inarizaki volleyball team in general.

"what is it, miya-san?" you grumbled, taking off your glasses and looking down.

"aw, don't be like that, just call me atsumu~" he winks, making you gag.

"right. what do you need?" you asked, bored.

"i was just wondering if you'd take me up on my offer from monday."

"no, atsumu, i won't give you mouth to mouth if you attempt to drown yourself in the deep end." atsumu leaned against the lifeguard chair.

"why not?"

"because"

"what if i was actually drowning?" he held a hand to his heart dramatically. you rolled your eyes and got down, facing him.

"then id tell you that you should've followed the rules." you pointed at him, glaring.

"and then would you do cpr?" he raised his eyebrows teasingly.

".... i suppose." you sighed, climbing back up to reapply sunscreen.

"hey if you need any help with rubbing in it im just down here~" he chuckled. you throw your empty bottle down at him.

"you can help me by taking that, and yourself to the trash can, miya-san." you said, grinning to yourself.

you were finally at peace, relaxing while still being alert, and only having to yell at a couple kids for playing around. atsumu was nowhere to be seen, which calmed you down slightly. that was until, his brother, and the rest of the team came running.

"l-l/n-san, have you seen tsumu?" osamu asked, worried.

"not for a good five minutes or so, why?" you replied, suspiciously.

"he didn't come back after talking for you, and well... he actually really sucks at swimming... so im worried."

you stood up on the side of the chair and looked around. "theres no way he jumped in just for mouth to mouth with me, right?" you asked, looking back at samu.

"hes crazy enough to do it, but i dont think thats the case" osamu said, searching for atsumu. a small boy came running over, crying out for the lifeguard.

"miss! miss y/n, someone hit their head on the diving board while walking in, and he hasn't come back up!" you inhaled quickly and shared a glace with osamu, shaking slightly.

"im on it." you threw off my whistle and shades, diving into the pool. you opened your eyes to see atsumu, his eyes shut, as he drifted downwards. you swam quickly and grabbed him, using all your strength to pull him up.

when you got to the surface of the water, osamu and the others helped pull the two of you out. people gathered around but you pushed them away, your torso hovering over atsumu.

"everyone get back!" you began cpr, three chest compressions. then, you lowered my lips down to his, holding his nose and blowing air in, repeating the steps over and over

"come on, atsumu please!" you cried, placing your lips on his again. after moments and moments of trying, he started coughing, holding onto my arm.

"tsumu, you dipshit, what were you thinking?!" his brother yelled, hitting his head.

"i uh... fell?" he responded, smiling weakly. you didnt know what happened, but even you felt a tear drop down. "y/n...?"

"you idiot! im never ever doing that again. don't go on dying, shitface." you sighed, sitting back.

"i swear, it wasn't on purpose... i wanted to impress you with this flip i learned, wanna see the video?" he asked, trying to stand up. you pushed him down, your hand on his chest.

"just shut up for a little okay?" you whispered, making sure he wasn't going to overdo anything. atsumu smirked slightly.

"so you do care about me~" he laughed, holding onto your hand. you moved my hand to his cheek and slapped him softly.

"i care about your health. now rest here for a little." you smiled, sitting next to him.

"come on, please, please go out with me?" he pleaded, tugging on your arm.

"you're such a child, atsumu." you pushed him away.

"y/nnnnn"

"... alright, ill go out with you"