𝟎𝟎𝟒

𝟎𝟎𝟒. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

▌ '𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑒.' Those words filled Stephanie's mind. Stephanie had a reason to be worried.

Now, her mom was in the hospital and attempted murder for what reason? She had no idea.

Cindy insisted that Stephanie should go home, but Stephanie said that she was going to stay.

Now, Stephanie was sitting at the lunch table with Tommy, Cindy, Joan, and Gary.

"She said one way or another, I was gonna die tonight." Tommy said. Stephanie just looked down at the table.

"Spooky!" Gary said with a hand gesture. "The kiddos are right. That's like, totally witchy behavior." Joan said.

"It's just, there must be some explanation. The witch isn't real." Cindy said. "Like what?" Tommy questioned.

"Well, maybe..." Cindy started. She looked over to Joan, who was doing some sort of drug. "She was on something." Cindy finished.

"Shh, drugs are peaceful, not violent." Joan said. "I'm not talking about marijuana." Cindy said.

"Just admit you're jealous that the witch wanted your hubby all to herself!" Gary said as he went to jokingly hug Tommy.

"Be serious, man. Why would Nurse Mary wanna do something like that?" Tommy asked. "Why would she want me dead?"

"Oh, no. She wouldn't." Gary said. "But the witch might!" Him and Joan said in unison as they laughed.

"Okay, can we stop talking about this?" Cindy questioned. "Why?" Joan asked. Cindy pointed to Stephanie in a less obvious way.

"Oh." Joan and Gary both muttered in unison. Less than a second later, Kurt came in clapping loudly.

"Alright!" Kurt shouted. "Chicks, dicks, listen up!" Everyone started cheering.

"We had a scary situation earlier, but we cannot let that mess with the most important night of our summer. Tonight is Sunnyvale versus Shadyside! It is red versus blue! It is good versus evil!" Kurt exclaimed.

"Tonight, we commencicate Color War!" Kurt shouted. "It's commence. My gosh." Gary muttered.

"He may be dumb, but he's kinda shagadelic." Joan said. Stephanie furrowed her eyebrows at Joan.

"He's disgusting. You're disgusting." Gary said. "Tonight's first event is Capture The Flag, baby!" Kurt exclaimed.

Everyone cheers. "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Now Sunnyvalers, we have never, ever... lost a color war!" Kurt shouted.

"So let's not let tonight be a stain on our legacy." Kurt said. "Sunnyvale!" The Sunnyvalers started chanting.

"And let's go out there, like our ancestors before us, and murder those Shadyside witches!" Kurt shouted.

Then, Joan goes up in front of everyone, and next to Kurt. "Uh, hi!" Joan says. Then she lets out a little giggle.

"Thank you, Kurt, for that neat-o speech. Now, Shadysiders, let's go out there and do our best because even if we lose, we are still winners in our hearts." Joan said.

Cindy gets up to leave. Tommy and Stephanie watch as she leaves.